I Need More Land.

Djinn

Chieftain
Are there any mods for making super huge maps? Even the biggest ones just are not enough.

On the total opposite tack:

Play Huge Pangaea maps with low sea level and with just you and 1 other civ (and no CSes, or with only as many as you like).

I usually do just that when im in the mood for building. Pangea plus (the plus is important as it means you can basically have any amount of city-states you want witouth them taking up your land) and 5 other civs. Plenty of room to build 10 - 20 good tall cities (+20 pop each). The city-states and AI civs will allow you to have plenty of happiness.

Also have u tried the Pangea plus or continent plus maps? The "plus" maps are bigger.

I wonder how many cities your opponent would have by the time you met them.

On anything below Prince, they will usually have fewer than you so long as you actually try to expand in any way at all.

On Prince, they will still tend to be smaller than you assuming you buy a settler, get a free settler from Liberty, and chop through a settler or two. Only if you focus on going super-tall will they be larger than you.

On anything above Prince, you risk that they may very well expand faster than you, even if you are trying. On King, you may out-expand them, but it won't be by as much as Prince. On Emperor, they will likely be roughly the same size or bigger. Above that, it gets ugly.

Of course, it all depends on who the other civ is. If it's just you and Egypt on a Huge map, you may expand quicker than them by far even on Emperor. If it's just you and Hiawatha, though... well, he's probably going to have twice the cities you do on Emperor, and on Deity he may control vast amounts of space.

Top Bottom