Reformation belief for DV on deity?

_prime

Chieftain
I'm in a game (standard speed, small map, continents plus on deity) and about to choose a reformation belief; which is best for a DV?

A brief summary of my game: playing as the Shoshone with 75% (six cities) of a small continent where I started as the lone civ. I'm in Renaissance and have finally caught up in tech (250 science a turn) to all civs except the runaway Aztecs on another continent (they are about 10 techs ahead.) This lead, along with all their Wonders, rules out both a SV and a CV so I've chosen a DV. I went tradition to piety, my economy is alright (four very good coastal cities and Petra) and my faith is good (45/turn) with my religion (Ceremonial Burial, Asceticism, Religious Center, and Itinerant Preachers) dominating my continent only.

I'm considering Charitable Missions (+30% boost to CS gold gifts) but, because of my beliefs, am swimming in faith with only GEs to use it on when I hit the Industrial Age. Is Charitable Missions the way to go or should I choose Jesuit Education (faith purchase of science buildings) to keep up with the runaway or The Glory of God (faith purchase of GPs) for a flexible strategy?

Thanks for the help! Also, I'm interested to hear MadDjinn's thoughts if he's out there.

Jesuit Education most likely, catching up in techs will be important, and if you have plenty of faith you really kickstart your science.
Sounds like a frigate spam on the horizon

Sounds like a frigate spam on the horizon

I think frigate spam would come too late. If he is already in renaissance and the Aztecs are 10 techs ahead it might be safer to beeline for more advanced ship.

If you're swimming in faith and can only buy GE's, I would consider Glory of God. Don't forget that it will also give you unparalleled access to completing any of the CS quests for a Great Person.

A 10 tech lead in the renaissance isn't insurmountable by any means. Whether you go science or domination though, I'd probably take Jesuit education. That frees up your cities to churn out more units or buildings and will allow you to catch up in science a lot faster. You can already buy GEs and should finish rationalism by the late game. Faith buying other great people isn't all that necessary.

Top Bottom