Revolting cities and new civilizations

Cía

Warlord
I don´t now if someone has being talking about it before but...
I would like cities (perhaps those who is a longway from the capital) to sometimes make revolt. Perhaps if you are playing on a terra map and you do build a new city on the new continent, then perhaps the city will revolt and be a new civiliazation. Perhaps you could use courthouses to help the city from revoltig ( i do hope you now what I mean.

Or another thing that would be good is to not let the civilization start on the same time. So if your´s playing against 9 civs, then perhaps 4 of them start in 4000 B.C. and the other come in to the game later.
The civs who start later coul possible start with 3 settlers or a strong army.

So, what do you people think of my ideas?:mischief:

Well, there is a mod implementing some of your ideas.
It is called Revolution mod.

I suggest you'll give it a try, you won't regret time you'll spend on it.

They're very interesting ideas - I've always thought barbarian cities ought to develop into fully fledged civilisations if they survive long enough, although I also like the idea of having civilisations founded later in the game (minor civilisations, as they've been called in mods which include these features).

The matter of revolts in far flung parts of the empire, causing a split between the motherland and the fledgling civ in a civil war, is also something interesting. However - from a gameplay point of view - do you think people might not get frustrated with having to deal with these civil wars? That's usually an argument I've seen brought up against them; that people won't appreciate having to fight a civil war at a critical point in the game.

As has already been said, various mods out there implement some ideas of this nature. In fact, there's a tonne of cool stuff floating around the Creation and Customisation part of the forums.

Top Bottom