Units with Bombard Range 0

impactblue

Chieftain
I was looking in the editor and saw that some units, like Archer and Longbowman, have bombard strength 1 or 2, bombard rate of fire 1, but bombard range 0.

Does anybody know what this does? Since range is 0 they can't bombard the square next to them.

Also, I haven't taken the time to experiment yet, but does anybody know what all the effects of the amphibious attribute are? I heard that it gives you a x2 attack for amphibious assaults. I also heard that it ignores city walls or something like that. Anybody know anything about this?

Thanks for any answers anybody can provide.
Fin.

Archers and such will (defensively) bombard the enemy unit and possibly steal off a hitpoint from the attacker. Just as if you put a catapult in a stack.

Originally posted by Grille
Archers and such will (defensively) bombard the enemy unit and possibly steal off a hitpoint from the attacker. Just as if you put a catapult in a stack.

Haha, actually I was trying to put this question in the frequently asked questions thread, but messed up somehow.

Thanks.
Fin.

Last night my Tanks were 'suffering' 0 range bombardment from Longbowmen. One Tank even lost a hit point because of it. They must have thrown a tread when some Longbowmen got stuck in there.

Originally posted by budweiser
Last night my Tanks were 'suffering' 0 range bombardment from Longbowmen. One Tank even lost a hit point because of it. They must have thrown a tread when some Longbowmen got stuck in there.

Actually, it was a lucky shot... through the turrent... the crew was presently loading a new round, thus the arrow flew through the loading mechanism, bounced off the wall and hit the driver in the shoulder blade causing him to serve into a Giant Redwood Tree.
:cool:

EDIT: THE MAGIC ARROW THEORY

Top Bottom