Building a multiplayer group on Hamachi

Yagoda

Chieftain
Hi everybody!

I would like to build a multiplayer group on Hamachi, if some of you are interested reply on this thread! And too if you have any question!

Cheers,

Yagoda

Sorry I didn't reply to your PM, I didn't mean to snub ya :blush:
I've never used Hamachi and I'm not really sure how it works. Does it basically let you play online using the tcp/ip multiplayer connection?

Sorry I didn't reply to your PM, I didn't mean to snub ya :blush:
I've never used Hamachi and I'm not really sure how it works. Does it basically let you play online using the tcp/ip multiplayer connection?

Yes! It's very easy, Hamachi gives you an IP number you give to other players when you start a new game.

I build this group: civ2/multi1

pass: civ2

We are now currently two players in the group.

Join it! We could start 3,4,5 players games with the simultaneous option!

Just writing here to officially declare me joining the group.

Btw Yagoda, we could play later today if you have the time for it. I'll get on Skype/Hamachi in a few hours (~20:00 French time), see if you're online to play (or try the connection at least). If today is not possible, then tomorrow I should have most of the day free to play; hopefully you will have some time too. :)

EDIT: I'm online again, and will be for most of today. May be afk once in while; just holler if you get online and I will catch your msg eventually. :)

Just posting here so you might see that (I think) I got the problem sorted out now. If you catch this msg, then we could try again tonight (just to see if it works, not to actually play at this hour). If it works then I'm free to play for most of tomorrow. :)

Yes! It's very easy, Hamachi gives you an IP number you give to other players when you start a new game.

I build this group: civ2/multi1

pass: civ2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,I try to join,but nothing,you changed the password?

Try again, I think I made a mistake.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------i
I have Hamachi 2.2.0.227,and appears the message for civ2/multi1,pass civ2,'the server reported an error while procesing your request'.I used Hamachi for Heroes 3 and was OK.

Hey. I tried to set up a civ 2 mp mge game via hamachi but it failed miserably. It just wont work. We couldnt find each other in any of the network games (internet, direct connection, lan). We tried several ips, tried special ports (2056, 4993) in hamachi. shut down firewalls etc. but it just would not work. Maybe someone can help me out and give instructions how to set up a proper civ 2 mp mge game with hamachi. Any help is appreciated. Thx. Hope to read u soon. Bye.

We finally managed to solve this by using Evolve VPN client. Works perfectly. Even Hamachi worked for some on certain systems, but Evolve seems to work best at the moment.

Top Bottom