Let's Play Civilization II - (My new youtube series)

Wait -- is this Bizarro Day? You have 1 post since 2012, and it's a one-liner 'like' on a random Let's Play video? I suppose weirder things have happened, but it's still pretty weird. :dubious:

As to the actual video, well, I've never understood why people watch others play video games, when they could simply read instructions, and receive the same info in a fraction of the time, and with a million less 'umm's and 'aaaaah's to boot. Entertainment is one reason I suppose. I'm sorry op, but I don't find you very entertaining.

I watched about 20 minutes. It is nice that there are still so many people out there playing Civ2.

By the way, you could benefit a lot and improve your game significantly by joining the ongoing GOTM games.

Why don't you come join us in the ongoing GOTMs? After a while, you can launch a space ship in 1800s at deity level with little competition from rivals.

GOTMs 158, 159, and 160 are currently active. There are two threads in the GOTM subforum for each. The GOTM xxx thread explains the game and pre-playing discussions. The GOTM xxx Spoiler thread is for post-playing discussions.

GOTM 158 is due this coming Monday and is a World War 1 scenario that only works with MGE and has a very different look than an ordinary Civ2 game. It is not too late to give it a try if you play actively a few nights in a row.

GOTM 159 is the World War 2 scenario that shipped with the game and is due in Dec.

GOTM 160 is a regular Civ2 game and is due in early January.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Why don't you come join us in the ongoing GOTMs? After a while, you can launch a space ship in 1800s at deity level with little competition from rivals.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,maybe I will try GOTM Civ 2 after a map Beyond the Sword:)),I like both Civ's much.But I don't understand all rules.
1.Need to play with the original DVD in DVD-rom,I use an image mounted to protect my CD(from Sid Meier Chronicles) ?
2.'Can't reload '.Normally,can't play 30 hours etc a map,need a save or to load autosave.

Hi,maybe I will try GOTM Civ 2 ...But I don't understand all rules.
Welcome to CFC. Will be glad to see you join the GOTMs. The rules are actually few and quite simple.
1.Need to play with the original DVD in DVD-rom,I use an image mounted to protect my CD(from Sid Meier Chronicles) ?
There is no rule for or against this. If you do not have the original CD in, the game will not play videos and some other such things that have nothing to do with the actual game play. You can play with or without the CD in.
2.'Can't reload '.Normally,can't play 30 hours etc a map,need a save or to load autosave.
No one plays in one session. It is impossible. "Cannot reload" means that you cannot reload to change an undesirable outcome. In other words if a hut gives you bad things (like barbarians) or you lose in a battle against a rival you cannot go back and try again; that is considered cheating.

Welcome to CFC. Will be glad to see you join the GOTMs. The rules are actually few and quite simple.

There is no rule for or against this. If you do not have the original CD in, the game will not play videos and some other such things that have nothing to do with the actual game play. You can play with or without the CD in.
No one plays in one session. It is impossible. "Cannot reload" means that you cannot reload to change an undesirable outcome. In other words if a hut gives you bad things (like barbarians) or you lose in a battle against a rival you cannot go back and try again; that is considered cheating.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks much for explanations and I hope to obtain a good place in any GOTM top ,not the last :).But when I make a pause,must save game or load autosave.When play,my PC can make a restart,electricity problems,or others,need a load or more if is electricity,example,can be down again after 5 minutes.These rules just shows me to play fair,no cheating,or those 3 saves(1 AD,etc) can be opened and a cheater can be detected,I don't understand this ?

Catalin72, your understanding is fine. Play fair and turn in those three saves (1AD, 1000AD, and last one).

If your machine crashes or you lose electric power in the middle of a turn just go back to your last save. We typically leave autosave on so that we do not have to go back very far.

The hard map BTS closed:)),to play GOTM161,re-meeting this nice and 'simple' game :).I will play fair,now is 1750 BC,lucky,no barbarians in huts,a nomad,gold and tech:).

Top Bottom