FfH2 BTS 0.31e The Earth Map 124x68 19civs

Nimbus

Prince
OK, This Huge map originally started out as Rhye's Earth Map, so most credit goes towards him. However the download came off of Nuist's tweaking of the map, which means the 40 additional barbarian cities are still on the map. I have since played over a year of hotseat games with Black Attila and Kidcarson on weekends tweaking the map further. playability and fun were the key goals and not historical accuracy, this is fall from heaven after all and not Earth ;)
This map started incredibly rich in resources, huts, etc. and that has not changed. I converted stone to marble, spices to reagents, coal to gunpowder, silver to cotton, aluminum to mithril, sea oil to pearls, land oil and uranium to mana and then added in the unique wonders, graveyards and some barrows.

file is a rar file. personal game options are preset, so you may want to open a custom game to avoid my prefences which were normal speed, prince difficulty, no tech brokering, new random reseed, no vassal states and double events.

P.S. as an aside, I would highly recommend going into assets/python/entrypoints/CvSpellInterface.py and increasing the limit on the Clans for The Horde Spell I usually bump it from 50 to 250. otherwise it can be cast on turn 1

P.P.S.
If this map is liked I can also release my copy of Faerun(also Huge) and my copy of Greyhawk(gigantic)

Attachments

• Earth.rar
    35.3 KB · Views: 410
  • Earth1.rar
    36.9 KB · Views: 128
A very nice map, and I would sure like a Fearun map, but don't you have anything of Large size ?

A very nice map, and I would sure like a Fearun map, but don't you have anything of Large size ?

The only map That I have that is smaller than huge is actually posted on the first page of this thread. It is the North America Map, I think it is somewhere between normal and large, not sure, have not played it in a while.

This map is sweet!

England is empty though lol :)

How do you change the leaders around btw?

Also release the greyhawk map! Although I prefer FR, I also prefer BIG maps :D

Al

Thanks alot for sharing this map - already started playing but of course its still too early to give any feedback yet. Still thanks alot though - I'm already eager to try each eace on there :)

P.S. as an aside, I would highly recommend going into assets/python/entrypoints/CvSpellInterface.py and increasing the limit on the Clans for The Horde Spell I usually bump it from 50 to 250.
As I got no clue of python , could you please tell me which line exactly your are referring to ? When I'm searching for lines with "callthehorde" I get 2 results and I am not sure which one to change.
Thanks alot in advance !

P.P.S.
If this map is liked I can also release my copy of Faerun(also Huge) and my copy of Greyhawk(gigantic)
Both would be great ! :king:

Long time lurker, first time poster, all of that...

I loved this map back when it was first made, but with all of the updates, it got a little broken. "You Are Defeated" starts with anyone besides the Calabim and the Illians, and the Calabim started with 10000 points...

After some fiddling, I got it to finally work. The map is unaltered in any way, but it seems that every civ is starting the game with a Warrior set into production, but any player can override that.

Just place the worldbuilder save into your "\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 033\PublicMaps" folder.

EDIT: Didn't realize that when setting the Illians as Normal when playing, that it didn't change anyone else's difficulty. To set the difficulty to your own tastes, open the save in Notepad, and Replace "Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE" (minus quotations) to "Handicap=HANDICAP_DIFFICULTY" with DIFFICULTY being your preferred setting.

Attachments

• EarthFallFromHeaven.rar
    36.4 KB · Views: 135
Re: resources.

I find this is the most difficult part of building your own map. Is there a thread, perhaps in the vanilla fanatics area, that talks about how many resources of each type should be on a map of a particular size?

Could you upload your greyhawk map? Even if it doesnt work with the current version, I'd like to take a look at it.

thanks

uploaded my current version (earth1) I haven't played it since April, but it should still be compatible.

Top Bottom