Age of Agares

Did you take out the ability of the Elohim to see all unique features? I just started a High to Low game and switched to the Elohim and they don't have unique features on the map. Then again, that might be a function of playing high to low.

Playing through my first game now. As mentioned above, I’m playing a high-to-low game as the Donvellio, the Elohim, and finally as the vampires.

A few thoughts:
Does the Donvellio feral ability stretch to include goblins hired at forts? I did hire some, but I forgot to check if this is included. If it does, this could be a powerful bonus for the barbarian Donvellio leader starting in flavor start with a goblin fort nearby. Of course, that requires a lot of moving parts to function together and is a boost only for Charadon (or whatever his name is).

Lucian’s cannibalize power is probably ok. An alternative might be to give him march.

Breeding pit: this one went from being a so-so building to a real powerhouse. With Caste System, or Guilds, it enables a very strong SE for the Vampires. I shudder to think how a Sacrifice the Weak / (Caste System or Guilds) vampire SE would look with the breeding pit.

Losha getting Marksman: I’m of two minds about this. On the one hand, this is nice for those of us who might make poisons a low priority but come across a foe with mages. On the other, it weakens her when fighting normal enemies. I kind of liked her before.

I'm actually experiencing a bug here. The Elohim's sanctuary spell isn't wearing off. That, and I can build the Royal Guard w/o aristocracy.

Royal Guard without Aristocracy is intended.

The Sanctuary bug is indeed odd. I'll check it out.

Did you take out the ability of the Elohim to see all unique features? I just started a High to Low game and switched to the Elohim and they don't have unique features on the map. Then again, that might be a function of playing high to low.

I just took a look at this and it turns out the code that exposes the Unique Features is only run for a human player. I'm not sure why it was done this way. Maybe it caused issues with the AI settler code? I'll try changing it up in my code and see what happens.

The player can capitulate and swear vassalage to the computer with your mod. I’m not sure if that’s an intended behavior or not, or even if it is because of changes made because of your mod, Tholal’s, or even Kael’s. This shouldn’t happen in vanilla BTS. Very strange.

Interesting. Is there a national limit to Balor spawned this way?

I think there is, but should be tested.

Once I tried to make Pyre Zombies a planar gate spawn, but if total pyre zombie count was greater than imax (very easy to do with a buildable unit) new PZs could not spawn from the gates.

While not connected to the balor question, it is something to consider when thinking about planar gates.

I think at 100 AC, imax is 8, while imax is less than 4 at a low AC iirc. I'd have to check to be honest.

But either way, in only an appocalytically high AC world would Sheaim have the possibility for more than 4 balors.

Not sure, but I think 50 is 4, 75 is 6, and 100? (or a lil less) is 8.

But I can't check the code right now, so I could be very wrong. Think I may have modified it slightly from base values, but I think the numbers I gave are the ones for my code.

Top Bottom