Magister Modmod

Acheron is not a good counter example, as when built he starts with the Held promotion which prevents him from casting any spells. That doesn't mean Winged it the problem, but it still could be.

I don't think it's Winged. I added a <bAllowAI>0</bAllowAI> to both Fly and Land and figured I'd start a new game. This time I only made it to turn 58.

Attachments

• Amelanchier AD-0058.CivBeyondSwordSave
    120.2 KB · Views: 87
how do you get your modmod to work? i tried loading it but i get an endless list of XML errors, and am forced to kill the application with task manager.
I have patch M installed.

You should just be able to copy my assets folder over the one from normal FfH2 (or a copy thereof) to make my altered files overwrite the normals ones. I didn't bather trying to figure out how to make an installer, just zipped up a copy of the changed files.

No one else seems to be having that problem, so I don't know what to say. Have you by chance been using any modules? Those are likely not compatible with Magister Modmod. Maybe you should try disabling them and/or doing a fresh install of FfH first.

that's what i tried doing, installing over a copy of the base FFH2.
no i'm not using any other modules, a fairly clean version of ffh, just with a few minor modifications to uniutinfo.xml and a few other places(no broze wepons on warriors, archers +35% city def etc) i imagine you have also modified the unitinfo files, so it should overwrite it anyway.

I''ve also got a few map scripts but that shouldent really change anything.
i might try cleaning everything up with an old origional patch M copy and then copy over that.

FYI i got it working after installing a fresh version of patch M.
Now i'm starting an imortal Erubus continent standard map size Shaim game.
I guess it's time to blow up the world.

Edit: whoa, not only starting with an adept for starting unit(scouting & farming exp off anials while reserving escape in case a spider/bear/giant comes along), i also got a mobius witch from an event on something like turn 4. with Tarchs tower in my BFC, that means i'll be casting malestorms by turn 30. malestorm combined with a early warior rush.... i guess this will be a walk in the park.

No, Kael changed that for FfH about the time he introduced the Maelstrom unique feature. Being in a tile with an impassible feature makes non-flying units stuck.

In a recent FFH game (041j probably) I was able to move ordinary units (ogres, rangers) off of peaks after dominating them with a druid standing there.

Yes, that is why I said an impassible feature, not terrain. The only impassible feature in the game is sea ice.

Hello,
I just finished an immortal Shaim and Khazad game on your mod.
I was quite surprised to see bronze warriors, after all the discussion(and poll) in the forums about how important it is to balance warriors and remove their bronze weapons.

I liked the idea of archer/siege weapon bombard, though i found it a bit overpowered in this implementation, and trebs even more so. bringing units down to 50% or something like 15% health before a battle is a HUGE difference in combat odds. that means you can beat man at arms with a simple warrior or adept. I also only once was retaliated from archer fire(i think it was barb archers), usually the other civs didn’t bombard. I just conquered the world with a stack of 6 trebs, and some random units of insignificant strength there to clean up the exp from the enemies at about 15% strength. I'd reduce the max dmg, and dmg per volley a bit to make it more reasonable. seems like all you need for Khazad is 6 trebs to take over the world.

immortal became a walk in the park after i could use the super-powered bombard. I imagine Deity wont be much harder, simply cutting units down to 50% health with archer bombard and they cant attack fortified cities, and are easy to break their cities. no need even for siege weaponry/magic.

I think you have made a lot of nice changes to add some unique features, and further differentiate the civs, though I’d advise you to work on the balance a bit. I might give it another couple of games, and then go back to the base FFH (with small modifications like bronze weapons removed etc)

Tried this out mainly for the Illian modifications and it has been great. Few issues though, mainly with Auric (As well as various things like Luonnatar saying "+60% vs. TXT_KEY_UNIT_HIGH_PRIEST_ORDER").

Auric Ascended seems to automatically die at the end of every combat. I've tried multiple different areas of the map so it can't be the godslayer. He even gets to take cities before dissolving into a neat little pile of artifacts so he is definitely winning the combats. He is carrying Jade Torc, Scorched Staff, Staff of Winds and Healing potion if that affects things. Any idea what is happening?

Also, something that was a little annoying is that he loses all of his magical knowledge on Ascension apart from Ice 1/2. I imagine that is intended though as he becomes consumed with the sphere of Ice and incapable of casting anything else. Still.. slightly annoying to lose all those spells and promotions.

That TXT_KEY seems to come from Kael leaving the description in Civ4UnitClassInfos.xml unchanged when he changed it everywhere else to TXT_KEY_UNIT_PRIOR.

It seems I made a typo when I allowed the Netherblade to kill Auric too. Changing PROMOTION_NETHERBLADE to PROMOTION_NETHER_BLADE in def postCombatAuricAscendedWon(pCaster, pOpponent) should fix that.

(In the version on my computer that code also no longer tries to heal an injured Auric after a battle. Instead, the Avatar promotion allows a passive spell like what lets Auric spread snow which heals the would be caster completely whenever he is selected. Heirs of Taranis, the Illian Immortals, also gained the Avatar promotion.)

That TXT_KEY seems to come from Kael leaving the description in Civ4UnitClassInfos.xml unchanged when he changed it everywhere else to TXT_KEY_UNIT_PRIOR.

There were a few more little things like that. The Creation 3 spell had a similar thing for example. Didn't really bother me too much though.

It seems I made a typo when I allowed the Netherblade to kill Auric too. Changing PROMOTION_NETHERBLADE to PROMOTION_NETHER_BLADE in def postCombatAuricAscendedWon(pCaster, pOpponent) should fix that.

Alright. Sounds simple enough. Where should I be looking for that?

Assets\python\entrypoints\CvSpellInterface.py

In my version it is line 295, but I may have changed a few things since the last release so it may not be exactly that.

There seems to be a problem with the Kuriotates Lamia adepts. When I built one it had no commands available to it, and the screen kept turning red whenever I went too near it.

Great modmod I'm glad that you got the dragon thing working (in my sheiam game Abashi is really great) because Tasunke (member not civ leader) mentioned it being broken.I just have a couple of suggestions:You could make it so that you can revive Malchiavic with entropy 3 not life 3(seems more lore correct and logically for me),that you change the temple of the dragon entry to the actual one not the temple of the hand entry (that's why I put it in a enemy city and not in mine,so that they get the mentioned (in the civopedia) ice tiles ) and that you adopt the barbarian faction modcomp as it is weird to complete Pax Diabolis and be at peace with the animals?(not sure) and the orcs too.Also my game crashed when I got the AC to 100 (probably due to the death of a LOT of my and the AIs units....poor eaters of dreams) though I got it right somehow is there also a change in the 4 riders+Avatar of Wrath behaviour as they don't raze cities (as I think they used to raze all of them) and that keeps them from destroying stuff on Erebus fast.

That's just my opinion anyway again great modmod I really like it (I actually only played the sheiam so far) and if you included what I mentioned I'd be even more grateful.

I haven't touched the modmod in a while and won't be until after finals. I really shouldn't be on at all considering how far behind I am on my Steel Design project and homework.

I hadn't realized that I left the Dragon Shrine with the same description and pedia entry as the temple of the hand. It is however still a good idea to found them mostly in rival cities, as the Cult of the Dragon can cause such cities to revolt against a leader who isn't/doesn't own a dragon.

Emtropy is not particularly associated with the Sheaim or Malchiavic. He was added largely so that Life III would not be useless for the Sheaim.

I don't have Pax Diabolis, but Infernal Pact. As this modmod is based on base FfH and not FF, it does not have the capacity to seperate the barbarians into multiple civs.Changing this would involve including a custom DLL, and I did not/don't feel like delving into C++ for a while.

Ok thanks for the reply regarding the dragon temple without having a dragon but I actually had 2 (Abashi and Achreon) though I can't continue this game anymore because I get a Ctd always on (turn 480-ish).

Why councils are blocked for agnostic civs? I've moved their prereq techs back to WotW's but I'm curious what was the reason for this.

I did not touch the prereqs for the councils. Kael made the Undercouncil require Deception and the Overcouncil Honor. Xienwolf moved the prereqs back to Way of the Wicked and Way of the Wise, and many modmods followed his example, but the main mod did not. In some old versions I followed Xienwolf here, but recently I've stuck with Kael.

I cannot really picture Cassiel or a civ that represents the spheres of balance and neutrality taking sides by joining a council. The scenarios also show both councils fighting against Auric's ascension.

I see. It's just that gameplay without religions AND councils feels kinda gimped.

Top Bottom