[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

@Keldath

I've just tried to find you on msn but you are off-line. Anyway as I thought your compilation problem was a simple one and it is already mentioned on the forums.

Now BTS adds an RC file (a windows resources code file). This file needs to be compiled with a special compiler (rc.exe) to produce a (RES) file (Windows resources compiled file). Finally the RES file will be linked along with all the OBJ files into the DLL. The solution with codeblocks is to simply remove the rc file (CvGameCoreDLL.rc), so codeblocks won't keep trying to compile it.

You shouldn't have the same problem with VS as it depends on the makefile and will only build things mentioned in this makefile. So your problem with VS was that you followed the instructions in the post but inserted a different makefile with different targets. (I guess you figured out this problem yourself and this is how you managed to compile the DLL).

I didn't try to have more than 18 player. I only wanted to make sure the DLL loads without a crash. My time was limited and I needed to go to sleep right after that. This is why I only answered your posts now.

Anyway, I am glad you are moving on now. I will also be glad to help with any SDK related stuff. This is what I do best.

Hi i have problem with all the mods i want to use !

there is not text that appear when i launch the mod !

the same when beginning a game when lauchin g the mod !

can you help me please !

thanks

juan

hey kali,

so, i was manage to compile atlast...i have to cpus, and one had the microsoft sdk and one didnt....so.....i forgot to instal it....

anyway from al of my trials i got confused and acctually what youve compiled is just the solver patch+ dale r b....
without the 40 civs...
so by tommorow ill get it right (i hope).

kumajuan hi,

well no text usually means that you tr to load mod in another languge then engligh,

most of the mods only support english,
try that and tell me if theres any change.

Hi !

How are you ?

Well i'm going to try what you said me !

thanks for your rapid answer !

sorry for my english

thanks

juan

Hmm, v 1.3 eh. I guess I'll see how that one goes.

In my current 1.2 game, I'm getting a crash to desktop when anyone founds Shintoism...

Hi !

I change the lenguage to english and it funccions now !

thanks for your help

i'm going to enjoy with your mod ! it seems very good and with a lot of wonders !!

A bientot !

Juan

ERLoft.....

offcourse youll get a crash on shinto.....
for that i wrote -"a must have patch"

the patch fixes the crach., install and youll see there will be no crash.

glad to help juan.

kali...

well - i folow the rate of downloads, and
not everyne install the patch ive made.......so...no wonder theres a crash....
78 people downloaded 1.2
but only 38 downloaded the patch...?!?
over 30 cant play the mod cause the dont have the patch.

i dont get it.....

peolpe sould read instructions....

@Keldath

How do you think of adding the 3 Tiles City Radius modcomp? It is something I always liked about Visa.

There is a bts version out there. I also applied the changes and compiled them in a DLL for my personal use.

It would be nice if players would have the option to enable large cities or disable them as it is the case with Visa.

all tight, ill upload it later.

mmm 1.3, few days a presume,
i have 15 more units to add,

9 for religion and 6 for corporations.

looking for interesting models.

***edit***
ok, finished religius units, - most in medevil ages,
and 1 corporation unit,
6 to go.

i think by tommorow version 1.3 will be ready.

yey thats good news - played a game until industrial age, no crashes yet, unit production has been slowed, so that i cant field a unit per turn and town, which is good imho. sulfur and rubber need to be changed in a way that either they are important only for a short period of time (early gunpowder units for example) or that they occur more often in a game, both resources have an appearance rate of one or two per map, which gives the civs controlling sulfur from rifleman onwards an imbalancing advantage until tanks and mech infantry can be fielded. in my game for example you can distinguish between civs controlling sulfur and those who dont in that way that sulfur civs can conquer cities and others cant if attacking sulfur-owning civs (i added 2 more sulfur to the one existing at beginning of game).
some spelling errors such as "trafe unions" still there but that can be changed quickly i guess, if you explain to me how this is done i could spellcheck the techs and so on for you ;)

HEY IMPERATOR,

thanks for the post,

indeed i already changed the apearnce of rubber and sulher - that is fixed already for v 1.3 - plenty of both resources.

glad to here the speed is ok.

you can fix the spelling errors - under the xml files of the relevant error -
mostly its under the tag - description, and if the descriptions says : text_key_bla bla bla, - you need to go to the text folder - and locate that refferance, very easy job acctually.

an update on v 1.3

im near complition of the work,

i added each religion a uu + each corporation a uu.

im now working on unit balance and then add some buttons to the new units and ill release it - later this day.

Good Job man!

Downloading and I will give it a trial after dinner.

By the way you don't need to say it is not for 3.03. AFAIK it should work with 3.03. There is nothing breaking MODs compatibility and Solver's patch is reported to work fine with both 3.02 and 3.03.

alright kali,

ill ytake the warning out :)

cant wait for your feed,
also i couldnt find proper names for the corporation uus....so.....

**edit***

uploaded patch a -
for somereason -whenever i start a game, i get one of the corporation unit i created,
the system works differentley from uniqe religius units,
so for now, i found a temporary solution that doesnt affect gameplay at all and allow crop unis to be built on a late game stage,
i already thougt of a better solution, but it will have to wait for v 1.4.

Top Bottom