Quot Capita

HI

I'm trying to test Beta 7but I don't have minimap and all other menus on the main screen
Any idea what I am doing wrong:confused:

HI

I'm trying to test Beta 7but I don't have minimap and all other menus on the main screen
Any idea what I am doing wrong:confused:

Did you do everything according to the installation instructions?

This happens when you get a python exception.
You have BtS 3.13, right?
You did not alter any (python) files?

I also got something like that a while ago from wrong unit art references (the civ unit arts referring to unit art definitions which do not exist) when playing the civ with the error.

Well my first post on this forum. That's right I made an account just to tell you this mod rock my socks. i love that phrase. Seriously though the only modd I've enjoyed as much so far was TR and since that isn't updated to BtS I needed a new one and so far yours if fan-freakin-tastic. Just curious as to whatelse, if anything, you plan to add in the future. i'd like to see Revolutions mod in here but admittedly I know nothing about modding so don't know how feasible it would be. All in all fantastic stuff though. Only problem I've encountered is saved games won't automtically load from the unmodded game so you need to load the mod but that's no hassle of any kind.

Well my first post on this forum. That's right I made an account just to tell you this mod rock my socks. i love that phrase. Seriously though the only modd I've enjoyed as much so far was TR and since that isn't updated to BtS I needed a new one and so far yours if fan-freakin-tastic. Just curious as to whatelse, if anything, you plan to add in the future. i'd like to see Revolutions mod in here but admittedly I know nothing about modding so don't know how feasible it would be. All in all fantastic stuff though. Only problem I've encountered is saved games won't automtically load from the unmodded game so you need to load the mod but that's no hassle of any kind.

Thanks, Matt!
Right now I'm still trying to stabilize things, then we will see...

ptzbvetan , that save for me doesn't have an interface too. But Quot Capita 7 works for me from 'play now' with no trouble. So it must be a problem with your installation or custom assets or so.

Maybe try reinstall of QC 7 and clear out your custom asstets - or as avain said go 'custom assets=0'

in the config file

I tried the Duch then China but the same

Here is my game
Please try if it works with you

Ok, I've checked it and it works for me. So, if you already tried to play with the Quot Capita ini settings, then there is only one way to go, if you are willing:
- you should switch on the logging in the Civilization.ini file (It should be somewhere like c:/.../My Games/Beyond the Sword)
Check for these lines:
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 0

; Enable synchronization logging
SynchLog = 0

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 0

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 0

And set everything to 1. Then load up your game and exit. This should have generated some logs in the .../My Games/Beyond the Sword/Logs folder. Please zip the folder and post it or send it to me.

If you are willing to do this, I might be able to help

ptzvetan,

I checked the logs you sent me.
It seems to me that the error comes from a place when a python routine tries to determine the path of your Civ installation, reading registry settings, etc. Also, it searches for folders, etc, and it cannot find a file, probably because it cannot determine the paths.

Unless you know how to change win registry to correct values, I'd strongly suggest you to reinstall civ, it might help you.

Also, before you do this, you should try the BUG mod from here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=241793
If the same happens with BUG mod only, then it's what I wrote...

I have been playing beta 7 for several days now with no problems! Cheers!

Just a thought - Graves Flavored Civics mod looks very interesting. From his readme file:

Description:
This mod adds <Flavor> tags to the Civics. This allows LeaderHeads with
certain Flavors to be more inclined to select certain Civics.

For example:

In this mod, I made Stalin have a Military Flavor of 10.

I also made Police State, Nationalism, Slavery and State Property
have a Flavor value of 10.

During testing, Stalin would always pick Police State, Slavery
and State Property as his Civics. The only exception was he would
select Bureaucracy instead of Nationhood, which goes to show that the AI
doesn't automatically base it's decisions off of Flavor, instead it uses
it to "influence" it's decisions.

Installation Instructions:

1) Unzip this into one of the following:
a) "Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods\" folder.
b) "My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Mods\" folder.
2) Open the CivilizationIV.ini configuration file
3) Change the Mod line to read: Mod = Mods\Grave's Flavored Civics
4) Load the game.
5) Then play as normal.

-----Game Play-----

- Adds <Flavor> tags to all Civics.

- Not all Civics have to be Flavored, only if you want it to.

- The higher you make the Flavor number, the more Flavored the Civic will
be. You can also have multipule Flavors per Civic.

-----Notes to Modmakers-----

If you want to use Grave's Flavored Civics Mod in your mod I have tried
to make things as easy as possible for you. In the XML files I have added
<!-- Grave's Civic Flavor Mod --> in all of the places that I have made
changes to the original files.

In the SDK files I have added:

/*** GRAVE'S FLAVORED CIVICS, 4 October 2007 by Grave START ***/
and
/*** GRAVE'S FLAVORED CIVICS, 4 October 2007 by Grave END ***/

in all of the places that I have made changes to
the original files.

Also, once again, am looking forward to an eventual dll with more civs, I guess once you get past the Beta stage. Thanks again for all the wonderful work!

Top Bottom