Quot Capita

Please don't add Civ specific great people names, I like adding civs to VD, and by extension I will this mod eventually most likely once I've played a few games, and i believe that prevents you from doing so.

Just a small request.

I'll check if that's the case.

BTW I'm playing as the Incans and I'm having loads of fun!

I'm happy to hear!

I think Dale's Combat mod is an absolute must have! I've played it, I like it & I think it would work very well in this mod.

We have reached a simultaneous agreement on this topic;)
I don't think a terraforming mod is all that realistic.
It's under investigation.
If added:
- it will be available very late in the game
- it would require a significant amout of effort even to terraform 1 (a single) tile
- it would be like a hidden bonus for those perfectionist types who'd like to see their empire spot-on, and won't mind the extra effort/costs to do so

So basically you'll have at least some means to counter a global warming, or to change that annoying desert tile in the fat cross of your fave city. But no more than that.

Unique Civ-Specific Great People Names, another great addition if the savegame glitch gets corrected. But I'd like to add civs as well so if that can't be done with this mod component, it won't break my heart if it's left out.

As I wrote earlier, I'll check the issue.

I haven't tried a mod with the inquisition mod included yet, so I can't comment on this one.

Again, a feature that could cause balance issues. This is again something I'd like to add as a 'bonus feature' that would not unbalance things. I'm in the beginning of thinking about it, but one idea is that I'd connect it in some way to the Apostolic Palace/the chair/pope.

I'd like to see the Enhanced Tech Conquest mod make it in. It doesn't sound overpowered to me.

Even small things can be overpowered. Some would argue that even now waging war is overpowered (in a way), since it gets you new cities and takes away cities from your opponent. Now giving more incentive than that should be investigated...

M.A.D Nukes Mod sounds good but I haven't tried it either.

Yeah, I should try it sometime.

Thanks for the comments!

Ok, I managed to integrate Enhanced Tech Conquest v0.6, but I'll probably leave MAD Nukes out.

And... Dale's Combat mod v1.3 is out, so I'm onto integrating it.

I love progress. ;)

Looking forward to the next update!

Avain, are you going to use one of Dale's alternate DLLs?

(I will only use the source files he provided, I cannot use a dll itself since I need to merge c++ files...) but to the main point of your question:
- yes, I could also increase the max number of civs in my dll.

The only difference between my source code and the alternate DCM dlls is the civ limit. Since it's a single change there's no point providing code for it. :)

The only difference between my source code and the alternate DCM dlls is the civ limit. Since it's a single change there's no point providing code for it. :)

Agreed! And I also saw your post about the single value change needed, so thanks!

Actually I was thinking about that too. I havent started attempting to integrate DCM 1.3 into my modpack yet, but with AIAutoPlay already in Revolutions I can see conflicts already.

This mod is actually VERY similar to VDRN... except with a Modern Warfare Mod and BUG.

Because of the Similarities I am even considering taking VDRN in a different direction :).

I want influence Driven War in but I am holding off on BUG for now.

Over all, very nice mod Avain. I see what you mean by similar now. If you had released this a week ago it could have saved me a ton of effort :)

Actually Avain, if you made an optional Revolution Component and Regiments Component i would just play yours instead lol

I could provide Regiments, I have it as a drag and drop module with scale tweaks to make it look proper with VD

beta 2 released
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It has now Dale's Combat Mod v1.3 and Enhanced Tech Conquest v0.6 integrated.

Screenshots added.

Check the first post;)

Actually Avain, if you made an optional Revolution Component and Regiments Component i would just play yours instead lol

I could provide Regiments, I have it as a drag and drop module with scale tweaks to make it look proper with VD

Yes, I'm feeling the same way;)

Sorry, I have to go now, but tomorrow I'll reply.

"Quot capita, tot sententie"
"As many opinions as people."

BETA TESTING INFO:

Please share your ideas, error findings, etc. in this thread! Thanks!!!

Should read: "quot capita, quot sententiae", from caput/capita (Lat., literally head, confer Haupt in German) and sententia/sententiae (sententie could be medieval Latin, though).

Sorry for nitpicking!:mischief:

Should read: "quot capita, quot sententiae", from caput/capita (Lat., literally head, confer Haupt in German) and sententia/sententiae (sententie could be medieval Latin, though).

Sorry for nitpicking!:mischief:

Yes, you are right! Thanks!;)

Actually I was thinking about that too. I havent started attempting to integrate DCM 1.3 into my modpack yet, but with AIAutoPlay already in Revolutions I can see conflicts already.

It can be resolved, but you've got to be carefull. It's using the same names at different places. What I did was that I preserved the AIAutoPlay from Revolutions mod - after a couple of failed compiles;) Also, watch out for python and screens...

This mod is actually VERY similar to VDRN... except with a Modern Warfare Mod and BUG.

Because of the Similarities I am even considering taking VDRN in a different direction :).
I'd like to see VDRN grow. I never tried Revolutions mod, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I want influence Driven War in but I am holding off on BUG for now.

Over all, very nice mod Avain. I see what you mean by similar now. If you had released this a week ago it could have saved me a ton of effort :)
Yeah, yeah, oh yeah;)

I'll think on that. But you should certainly provide a module of Regiments!!!

Thanks!

Some info: it seems that when using World_Piece_Vanila map script(at least on Huge), after a while savegame gets corrupted(?). It's a mem. allocation error on subsequent loading(mem. leak?), I could reproduce the error(although quite random).
So, please use the default map generators for the time being, I did not have (yet) problems with those.

Top Bottom