Quot Capita

I downloaded just beta 6 and I cannot see some units (including, surprisingly, warriors). What I am missing?

Yes, I did. It should be clearly stated in the first post though.

Well, I thought people would actually read the installation instructions. But now I added nice red warnings to download.

Onto your problem: you sure you did everything as described in the instructions?

Is a Great Prophet supposed to be able to join a city?

Also, the interface gets messed up if a great prophet is selected when the city screen is brought up. The city details stay on the screen when exiting the city screen. It's probably this (from PythonErr.log):
Code:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getPath'
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface
Can't find type enum for type tag RELIGION_KI
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 803, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 862, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1863, in updateSelectionButtons

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getPath'
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface

Here is the savegame:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/61935/Pericles_beta6_AD-0190.CivBeyondSwordSave

Yes, and now it works.

Glad to hear!

This mod looks great.

Is there any way to add other modular civs to this mod?

I hope I'll get to that point, but currently it's not recommended (mainly because of the errors in modular loading)

Is a Great Prophet supposed to be able to join a city?

Also, the interface gets messed up if a great prophet is selected when the city screen is brought up...

Yes, I didn't change anything with the Great Prophets.
Thanks for the finding, I'll check it!

@all: I had a chance to test QC on a different machine, and to cut this short, until the next update check the Quot Capita.ini file and change ModularLoading = 1 to ModularLoading = 0.
I've experienced that this helps with some loading errors!

Good news . I realized that the game will load if I am already in Quot Capita. It will not load if I go from the base game to a Quot Capita save.

So it's easy, just go into the mod first then load the game.

Will keep posted.

Edit ; with the great prophets I'm getting some interface weirdness too, but it sorts itself out with some clicking around the map an trying different things, like going to another city then trying again. Not a technical feedback, but the prophet did join the city eventually.

Edit ; small bug in Mastery. My rival is scored as "launched" but we are all still in the renaisance. His score seems too high too, probably the 100 points from launching

Avain, Could you possibly supply an alternative dll with more than 18 civs for this?

I would like to play this with Ghenkis Kai's giant world map, which has 36 civs I believe - though I do remove about 7 to 15 of them in the world builder, that still leaves me with at least 21 civs, plus the needed empty slots for potentially numerous colonies on such a giant map.

Dale provided an extra download with three or four various alternative dlls of 24, 32, etc. civs for his latest Combat Mod. I combined this with Wolfshanse's graphic modpack and the Giant Kai map, but my combo crashes upon first conflict, so I guess your mod must be the way to go if I want Dale's Combat, beautiful flavored graphics, and the giant Ghenkis Kai!

By the way, I had been using you delectat mod with Ghenkis Kai and a modified dll with no problems, but now wish to try Dale's Combat as well, so this is why I ask for the dll. Regardless however, thanks so much for all the previous work on the Delectat. Am now very much looking forward to Quot Capita - but alas, am also of late addicted to huge or giant maps with more than 18 civs and of course extra slots for ample colony expansion.

What say ye, can it be done?

Good news . I realized that the game will load if I am already in Quot Capita. It will not load if I go from the base game to a Quot Capita save.

So it's easy, just go into the mod first then load the game.

Will keep posted.

Edit ; with the great prophets I'm getting some interface weirdness too, but it sorts itself out with some clicking around the map an trying different things, like going to another city then trying again. Not a technical feedback, but the prophet did join the city eventually.

Edit ; small bug in Mastery. My rival is scored as "launched" but we are all still in the renaisance. His score seems too high too, probably the 100 points from launching

Thanks! Glad you managed to load. I'll investigate the Mastery and the Prophet bug.

Avain, Could you possibly supply an alternative dll with more than 18 civs for this?

I would like to play this with Ghenkis Kai's giant world map, which has 36 civs I believe - though I do remove about 7 to 15 of them in the world builder, that still leaves me with at least 21 civs, plus the needed empty slots for potentially numerous colonies on such a giant map.

Dale provided an extra download with three or four various alternative dlls of 24, 32, etc. civs for his latest Combat Mod. I combined this with Wolfshanse's graphic modpack and the Giant Kai map, but my combo crashes upon first conflict, so I guess your mod must be the way to go if I want Dale's Combat, beautiful flavored graphics, and the giant Ghenkis Kai!

By the way, I had been using you delectat mod with Ghenkis Kai and a modified dll with no problems, but now wish to try Dale's Combat as well, so this is why I ask for the dll. Regardless however, thanks so much for all the previous work on the Delectat. Am now very much looking forward to Quot Capita - but alas, am also of late addicted to huge or giant maps with more than 18 civs and of course extra slots for ample colony expansion.

What say ye, can it be done?

Yes, it can be done, and it's quite easy - I inteded to give different dlls once the thing is stable, alas I'm having troubles with it right no.
Also, do you realize that huge maps create memory allocation problems at the endgame? As far as I know, this is a common problem once a savegame reaches a certain size. I advise that you play huge maps only if you know what you are doing;)

Ok, guys, not so good news:
I completed beta 7 - I added terraforming which functions exactly as I planned (it's not overpowered at all!)
But... I found errors with loading. It is not a game breaker thou, if you are interested what it is, you can check: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=264983
The bad news is that it seems it's also the problem with beta 6 at least...:(

So currently I'm unsure how to proceed, but I'll work out something...

I'm just finishing up a mammoth game, although it was on a small map !

Mastery victory, war with Shaka, Bismark. The Veritas units are fantastic.

The merge makes for a really good game. Thanks !

Edit; when you're looking at the mastery victory , also I noticed that there were no points scored for Legendary cities. Intentional? Usually they give 30 points each. It makes for a game where you can concieveably skip the space ship and go for numerous legendaries.

Thanks for the reports!

Just to update you, I decided to switch to Visual Studio instead of Codeblocks for the SDK and it seems I can get some debug info for the CTDs. Will see how useful it is, I'll be playing with it during the weekend.

I first want to say that I love Quot Capita, even though I haven't been able to finish a game with it because I play on huge maps.

In my last game everything went smoothly (including loading/saving: I turned off modular loading as suggested), but there was a serious graphical glitch near the end. The arcology dome graphics were about 10 times the proper size for about 60% of the cities (both mine and the computer civs). The domes were bigger than the screen, and the bases completely obscured whole tiles.

This effect continued even after saving, exiting, and reloading the saved game.

I'm guessing that there was a bug in the code which determines the size of the arcology dome (since it varies for each city). I even had one city which had a proper regular-sized dome turn into a monster-dome after a spy destroyed the factory there (which probably resized the city).

Thanks again for a great mod!

Eureka! To load a savegame:
1. disable modular XML
2. load the mod
3. load the savegame :crazyeye:

I've always just double-clicked on the savegame to resume. This is the only mod I've played where something else needed to be done in order to load it up.

If it helps, I'm getting this error message when I close the game.

The game loads, plays and closes fine, but this message then comes up.

Top Bottom