[BtS] Amra's Modpack v3 for Beyond the Sword

Awesome!
Thanks for your hard work mate.
As an addict of multiplayer games, I'll give you feedback about LAN games ;)

I gotta play this mod, its got my own work in it! :thumbsup:

Great job putting this all together Amra. :)

About Dale's combat mod. It is already merged successfully along with BUG mod in Grave's History in the Making. BTW, I also would like to see it in the full version. Revolutions is another excellent mod that I hope you would consider. Glider1 has merged both, also Roamty got them in his Beginning mod.

Hmmm...then putting Amra's into HiTM would be what we should want :) (fans of DCM that is)

As for revolutions...could you imagine the chaos that would erupt if a modern era civ revolting under DCM???

Nice looking mod i'll give it a try. Thanks for using Dacia and Burebista (although to me Decebal is a more resounding leader, the war against the romans and such) and even though you stated that Transilvania is not meant to represent the real region I still want to add that Vlad Tepes was the ruler of Valahia not Transilvania. He spent a long time in Transilvania only when he was imprisoned there.

Hmmm...then putting Amra's into HiTM would be what we should want :) (fans of DCM that is)

As for revolutions...could you imagine the chaos that would erupt if a modern era civ revolting under DCM???

Actually HiTM includes many excellent components and combining it with Amra's wonderful work would create an awesome modpack. However, I think Amra has his own ideas for additional techs, units, and buildings. Anyway, I think SDK and Python-wise HiTM can offer a good base to start with which would save a lot of time.

About Revolution, and DCM you can try them together either with Glider's merge or Roamty's Beginning (a nice modpack that worth trying by the way). I haven't gone all the way till modern time with any yet, but IMO it would actually be much more exciting. There are many around here who would agree that both mods represent what Civ should be. Revolution in particular offers a completely different game experience that is both exciting and challenging.

I just ran over to the HiTM thread and I also checked out Glider's merged mod...both are very nice. I think HiTM with Revolutions and Amra = Civ5 lol, very ambitious and very nice work going on here. I can't wait!

I tried loading the mod. First of all, nothing changed in the initial screen and second of all, when I got to the "choose civilization" part there were not the 44 civilizations but the normal ones for beyond the sword. Is there something special that I need to do in order to get the mod to work. I extracted it to the mods folders.

Thanks for the help!!!

MusicalRabbi2k

P.S. I've been looking forward to this mod for a long time and desperately want to play it :confused:

I tried loading the mod. First of all, nothing changed in the initial screen and second of all, when I got to the "choose civilization" part there were not the 44 civilizations but the normal ones for beyond the sword. Is there something special that I need to do in order to get the mod to work. I extracted it to the mods folders.

Thanks for the help!!!

MusicalRabbi2k

P.S. I've been looking forward to this mod for a long time and desperately want to play it :confused:
In case keldath's PM was unable to help you, I'll try.

You most likely have a 2nd "Amra v3 Basic" folder immediately under the first "Amra v3 Basic" folder. This happens sometimes and will cause what you have described.

See the image below. It shows a correct installation on the top and a wrong installation on the bottom.

Make sure that your installation looks like the correct installation on top. Hope that helps & thanks for trying my modpack. :D

After a quick test drive with Songhai. Nice LH (the animation of the sword - where this came from?).
One note so far. Some sounds seem to be missing! ex. combat sounds, steps, fortify and sentry sounds.
Sunni Ali's greeting animation is actually one of Pericles' animations. Unless you've played any games against him, you may not have seen him use it.

Regarding the sound issue, I'll test that out tonight. Do you remember what civ you were playing as? Is anyone else having this issue?

[EDIT] I've confirmed that there is indeed a problem with the Audio3DScripts.xml file and am currently working on a fix. Sorry for that embarrassing error. :blush:

Loke.be said:
Thanks for your hard work mate.
As an addict of multiplayer games, I'll give you feedback about LAN games ;)
Thanks, I'd appreciate that and I'll modify the first post to let everyone know when I know. :goodjob:

Kalimakhus said:
About Dale's combat mod. It is already merged successfully along with BUG mod in Grave's History in the Making. BTW, I also would like to see it in the full version. Revolutions is another excellent mod that I hope you would consider. Glider1 has merged both, also Roamty got them in his Beginning mod.
Funny you should mention the Revolutions mod as someone else merged my Warlords modpack with Revolutions & called it... Drumroll... Amravolution.

I never had anything to do with that but I have thought about doing a version for BtS. Other than that, I don't have any plans to add it to my Full version as it is more gameplay change than I have in mind.

Regarding Dale's combat mod, I really haven't looked at that in quite some time so I can't make an informed decision right now.

dutchking said:
I gotta play this mod, its got my own work in it! :thumbsup:

Great job putting this all together Amra.
Thanks dk, love the Patton LH!

Corozivu said:
Nice looking mod i'll give it a try. Thanks for using Dacia and Burebista (although to me Decebal is a more resounding leader, the war against the romans and such) and even though you stated that Transilvania is not meant to represent the real region I still want to add that Vlad Tepes was the ruler of Valahia not Transilvania. He spent a long time in Transilvania only when he was imprisoned there.
Thanks for the info, I always like to learn something new everyday.

I wasn't really sure which way to go with the Vlad LH in regards to a civ. I do not want to make anyone mad from that area of the world but at the same time just wanted to have some fun with the game.

Whew! I hope that covers all the questions & comments while I was at work. :D Oh, I almost forgot to say that I corrected the LH Previews in Post#1 and the Download Database.

IMPORTANT FIX FOR AUDIO PROBLEM

Attached below is a fix for the audio problem as described in post#31. This should be installed as soon as possible and should be savegame compatible. It only replaces one file, the "Audio3DScripts.xml" file.

Install it as you did the modpack by extracting the archive to your Beyond the Sword "Mods" folder within the Beyond the Sword game directory. For example, C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\MODS.

Very sorry for this major oversight.

Attachments

• Amra v3 Basic Audio Fix.7z
    11.4 KB · Views: 333
Amra did you get me PM?
Yeah, sorry but I got busy tracking down the audio error and posting the fix. I'm replying now so check your PM box in a short bit.

@Amra

This was rather quick I was just going to confirm the problem only to find the fix is already out. :goodjob:

About Pericles I had met the guy several times but I just would conclude my business with him so fast that I thought taking off his helmet is all he got in the way of intimidation. Usually my negotiations with Cathy will take much longer :lol:.

I was just wondering if you were going to include some code to increase the Map Size, i.e. Something larger than "Huge", say Gigantic, Collossal or Titanic?.
Ive been playing around witht he code on my computer and havent seen something like that in the XML or Python, but then again my knowledge of Python is somewhat limited.

Screenshots look good. :) The leaders really are high quality, and quite unique.. also as a side note, some of your FAQ's are funny. :lol:

Great job on all the XML work, I hate having to add one civilization/leader to a mod. :o

Excellent!!

Thanks for all your hard work in putting this together. The community should be aware of the incredible amount of effort and sacrifice that goes into bringing something like this to fruition, especially when you're a one-man team, and especially when other modders keep hounding you to do stuff. :D

I was just wondering if you were going to include some code to increase the Map Size, i.e. Something larger than "Huge", say Gigantic, Collossal or Titanic?.
Ive been playing around witht he code on my computer and havent seen something like that in the XML or Python, but then again my knowledge of Python is somewhat limited.
I want to include some of FexFX's game speed changes and at one time he had changed the map size settings, I think all thru xml. My Full mod will have quite a bit of content in it that may by itself slow down the game so I'm not sure if I will add larger map sizes. I will add it to my list to look at however for those people with super computers. :D

Chugginator said:
Screenshots look good. :) The leaders really are high quality, and quite unique.. also as a side note, some of your FAQ's are funny. :lol:

Great job on all the XML work, I hate having to add one civilization/leader to a mod. :o
Thanks Chuggi. You're right that the xml code can be a @#&!% if you know what I mean. The audio problem occurred because one line of new code was left out of one entry and then CIV4 decides not to load the ENTIRE xml file. :mad: Well, that & the fact that I tested the modpack without my headphones on thinking that the audio would be fine. :mischief:

And I'm glad someone picked up on my humor, I try to have fun.

Wyz_sub10 said:
Excellent!!

Thanks for all your hard work in putting this together. The community should be aware of the incredible amount of effort and sacrifice that goes into bringing something like this to fruition, especially when you're a one-man team, and especially when other modders keep hounding you to do stuff. :D
Thanks Wyz! I think a lot of people are probably aware, at least I hope they are, and I actually like modding mostly on my own as long as people are patient. Because I'm on my own, though, it does tend to take a little longer to put out a mod.

BTW, when things settle down here a little (and I've squished any other bugs that pop up) I'll be glad to help CIV Gold with some more LH art. I think I've done all the leaders for my modpack that I want to. :D

Top Bottom