Realism Invictus

Is your customassets folder clean? Most likely something there is causing you trouble.

It's clear of anything and I still have this problem. I also now have a C++ runtime error when I try to load the world map

One simple question:
I was impressed by the terrain art in this mod and wanted to copy it over for other mods too (not for public release, just for my local self).

But I found only hints on how to do that. The Assets/Art/ folder doesn't hold terrain graphics and there is no dedicated RealismInvictus folder in 'MyGames\...' too.
I only found the Art.FPK in the assets folder and looked into a bunch of xml files but I'm still not sure how to do it.

Is it possible/feasible to use the terrain graphics for other mods or would that require a lot of xml-editing and such ?.

Most of the terrain (except for the things specific to RI, such as swamps and new resources) is packed in RealisticTerrain.FPK, not in Art.FPK. Otherwise yes, that's what you can do. You can even just copy the FPK itself, if there is no custom terrain in the mod otherwise.

It's clear of anything and I still have this problem. I also now have a C++ runtime error when I try to load the world map

And you didn't have it before?

Most of the terrain (except for the things specific to RI, such as swamps and new resources) is packed in RealisticTerrain.FPK, not in Art.FPK. Otherwise yes, that's what you can do. You can even just copy the FPK itself, if there is no custom terrain in the mod otherwise.

Great, I wasn't sure if the filename of the .fpk is hardcoded in the dll somewhere and unique to this mod so I went for extracting it.
And yes, I meant the RealisticTerrain.FPK, my fault :)

See? Someone else has my problem with the world map. You might want to look into it.

Well, I can't. Because I don't have a problem with it. It runs normally, if a tad too slowly. And I have no clue as per what would be causing it for people who have that problem either - so I can't do anything about it. I have suggested some things that might be causing issues, but since none of those seemed to work, there is nothing more I can offer. :dunno:

I've run into an issue where I get a Runtime/Visual C++ when I try to load a RI Earth map game. Install was fine, so what do I need? Haven't tried loading a regular map yet, though.

EDIT: Mod works fine with normal maps, so it must be a problem with the Earth map

Windows XP SP3, Dell Dimension 4700, ATI Radeon HD 4600 vid card

If your OS is 32-bit, I suggest you follow the advice in this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=225205

Don't know exactly what they're talking about, doesn't seem relevent to my problem. It's OK, though. I just won't be able to enjoy the RI Earth map. The problem occured when I was starting a new game and while it was loading it I got an error message, then it quit.

That can be a memory management problem of 32-bit OSes. They're offering a fix for it there; anyway, random maps on RI can be just as enjoyable - I personally prefer random maps. Be sure to find yourself a nice custom random map script! ;)

I also now have a C++ runtime error when I try to load the world map

See? Someone else has my problem with the world map. You might want to look into it.

I am fairly certain that Walter is correct: that this is a memory allocation fault that can be fixed by having the 3 GB memory switch turned on. I realize that the instructions that Walter linked to aren't terribly clear, so I just wrote a post on our forum that will hopefully be easier for you to follow and even help you to understand what's going on a little bit. You can find it here:

http://www.civ4.houmie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=949

Please let us know if this allows you to play the World Map. Thanks!

-Josh

Thank you for helping, but I thought this fix only worked on XP Pro and not XP Home, which is what I have.

Well, if you have XP Home, then there are no real ways for you to overcome 32-bit problems. Unfortunately, that means that you won't really be able to run the World Map for any significant amount of turns, even if you're able to start it. :(

I am fairly certain that Walter is correct: that this is a memory allocation fault that can be fixed by having the 3 GB memory switch turned on. I realize that the instructions that Walter linked to aren't terribly clear, so I just wrote a post on our forum that will hopefully be easier for you to follow and even help you to understand what's going on a little bit. You can find it here:

http://www.civ4.houmie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=949

Please let us know if this allows you to play the World Map. Thanks!

-Josh

Do you have instructions available for Vista 32-bit players or is it just the same deal?

Well, I was gone from Civ 4 a while and thought today, has TR for BtS been been released yet? So I find this!:D
Looks good, very professional. I really like the install music!:king:

Do you have instructions available for Vista 32-bit players or is it just the same deal?

I guess Josh will append the post he linked to with Vista data somewhere soon; for now, you can find Vista advice here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=224178

Well, I was gone from Civ 4 a while and thought today, has TR for BtS been been released yet? So I find this!:D
Looks good, very professional. I really like the install music!:king:

That's Shostakovich. ;) Actually, I recall TR 2.4 having the same install music; I was meaning to change that, but never got around to. I'll add another XIX-XX century composer for 3.05, maybe.

Do you guys plan on adding the BULL (BUG DLL) mod? It has some very nice city hover features.

Walter and RI Team:
I noticed something else:if you have, say, one source of sheep, you're able to enqueue a wool mill in all of your cities, even though they'll all disappear from the construction line as soon as the first one is built. The same happens to copper and bronze smiths, and so on. Not that it hinders severely gameplay, but confuses strategy a bit.

Top Bottom