Realism Invictus

Hi all,

Whatever is the map you're playing on, you should take care of the barbarians when using the "raging barb" option. It can be very devastating, particulary when the barbarians are allowed to build their mounted warrior. This unit ignores terrain cost and have strong bonus in attack. More, it's a pillager that loves crippling your improvements. In one word, a plague to early development.:satan:
One of the solution to avoid such problem is scouting the lands around your cities and using hills to remove the fog of war where the barbarians are spawning.

Among the other news, we are at that time polishing and finishing a scenario. We will need some tests and testers. I will ask for some of you to have a look at this when we will be able to release it.

Enjoy,

coooooooooooool... the extra huge worldmap is good but it's just toooooooooooooooooo slow (even with a very good machine like the one I have).

when do you think you'll release the scenario? before the WE? this WE? or next week?

Is this mod still in active development?

A funny thing to ask after less than 2 weeks from release. :)

We've been in active development for more than 5 years, why should we suddenly quit right now?

when do you think you'll release the scenario? before the WE? this WE? or next week?

Most likely before summer, but as usual, no promises. It won't be a part of the 3.01 patch, that's for sure.

As a stark example of how that worked IRL, take Russo-Japanese war. Russia had a fully functional trans-Siberian railroad by the time the war started, and still getting troops - and ships - to where the actual fighting took place was its biggest challenge, and eventually the cause of its loss.

I agree with the example you gave Walter. But we can expect a little more than 100 years after this war we have equipment more faster. Especially after the technologies "Mobility Troop.", "Infantary Logistics", "Eletronics".

I therefore would strengthen my claim to get a faster type of railway. And modern units with more points of movement.

And if not too much to ask, in the technology "Future Tech", which in addition to the bonus of health and happiness also gave bonus of moviment and strength.:king:

A funny thing to ask after less than 2 weeks from release. :)

We've been in active development for more than 5 years, why should we suddenly quit right now?

Sorry, there was no "release date" informed at your first post, nor have you informed why the first post was edited, therefore I could not know it was released these days! The first post at FFH main thread was also updated these days, and that mod isn't in active development anymore.

I'll give it a try, then. I've read across the posts here and, if I'm not mistaken, you don't use third party dll or python scripts, do you?

Sorry, there was no "release date" informed at your first post, nor have you informed why the first post was edited, therefore I could not know it was released these days! The first post at FFH main thread was also updated these days, and that mod isn't in active development anymore.

I'll give it a try, then. I've read across the posts here and, if I'm not mistaken, you don't use third party dll or python scripts, do you?

Not only the first post has a date (just as any other post on the forum), and it's 13th of February, IIRC the installer also has release date in its name. Still, again, I guess it is safe to assume we'll hang around some more. :)

I don't really get the part about third-party dll; our dll and python incorporate many third-party modcomponents, such as BUG, as well as many components of our own, such as pandemic or slavery rebellion.

Great to see an official release for BtS! I was getting tired of having to spend 5+ minutes loading the mod when you guys were testing it (though it was worth it). Can't wait to see what you do with Corporations.

Quick question: the new voiceover for the technology quotes that appeared in this version, is the plan to have him do all the techs eventually? I much prefer his voice to the older one who still does most of the techs.

Quick question: the new voiceover for the technology quotes that appeared in this version, is the plan to have him do all the techs eventually? I much prefer his voice to the older one who still does most of the techs.

Well, there was a guy who was willing to redo all the voiceovers for us, but unfortunately he seems to have disappeared. It will be very nice if he returns (especially for the now-voiceless techs), but for now that's all we have.

I don't think it's immediately "compatible" with any other mod that has a custom dll. We will consider integrating Dale's in the next versions, but no promises here. Already tried that once a couple of years ago, and it caused lots of trouble back then - but I guess the combat mod itself also came a long way since then.[/QUOTE]

About third-party dlls, I asked because all new mods rely heavily on previous classical mods (BUG, RevDCM), and I'm not really found of pure code aggregation, you know?

Anyway, sorry for any misunderstanding. I'll give your mod a try.

About third-party dlls, I asked because all new mods rely heavily on previous classical mods (BUG, RevDCM), and I'm not really found of pure code aggregation, you know?

Anyway, sorry for any misunderstanding. I'll give your mod a try.

Well, we use BUG because it is too good not to use (we even put some effort into using it back when we were a Warlords mod, despite BUG being exclusive to BtS), and several other modcomponents (usually dating several years back) but otherwise this mod is certainly not a "pure code aggregation". :)

Well, we use BUG because it is too good not to use (we even put some effort into using it back when we were a Warlords mod, despite BUG being exclusive to BtS), and several other modcomponents (usually dating several years back) but otherwise this mod is certainly not a "pure code aggregation". :)

And I didn't mean your mod is pure code aggregation, by no means. I'm just somewhat reluctant about mods which rely heavily on other mods, I've seen several crashes on ROM which reportedly are due to incompatibilities between mods integrated into it.

Please, take no offense on my ramblings, I do not mean to underestimate your mod. I apologize in advance for anything offensive I may have said earlier.

No offense taken, of course. :D We don't assume new people to instantly know everything there is to know about our mod. A little explaining never hurt anybody; I am always eager to answer questions.

In one of the mods I have played recently (ie, 3-6 months ago), there was a a few moe citizen options. One of them was to avoid unhappiness.

Current option, "avoid growth" really doesn't work that well at times, due to pandemics dropping population, and then you have to manually go back and undo avoid growth, and put it back on once you reach max happy pop.

I think it might have been FFH2 vanilla, or perhaps WildMana... or maybe even the recent Master of Mana.

Whatever, the case... wantwantwantwant. :goodjob:

I lost interest pretty quickly. The vanilla style of the game speed settings really takes the fun out of the game when you're used to slower speeds, and fixing it myself is a little more work than just copying good settings over because other aspects of the mod are so different from BTS. 10 turns per tech gives you all the strategic depth of Guitar Hero.

The Marathon settings in Legends of Revolution work very well, with 400% slower research versus 285% in RI.

I am having a problem with this mod. My PC is not weak and it runs strong mods, even Rise from Erebus without much problem but when ever I start a custom game with this mod I always get the same thing. The whole thing loads until it gets to the "finalizing" stage and than it crashes with this error message:

Any idea what it could be?

Attachments

• upload Error 41.PNG
    upload Error 41.PNG
    12.7 KB · Views: 219
I lost interest pretty quickly. The vanilla style of the game speed settings really takes the fun out of the game when you're used to slower speeds, and fixing it myself is a little more work than just copying good settings over because other aspects of the mod are so different from BTS. 10 turns per tech gives you all the strategic depth of Guitar Hero.

The Marathon settings in Legends of Revolution work very well, with 400% slower research versus 285% in RI.

:D It seems that no matter how slow or how fast are the speeds we introduce in the mod, there will always be someone complaining. Adding a selectable slower speed for 3.01 is no problem at all.

I am having a problem with this mod. My PC is not weak and it runs strong mods, even Rise from Erebus without much problem but when ever I start a custom game with this mod I always get the same thing. The whole thing loads until it gets to the "finalizing" stage and than it crashes with this error message:

Any idea what it could be?

Yes. And any help would be welcome to track down this mysterious thing... Please let me direct you to another thread where such issue has been reported: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=412137

It will likely go away for you if you do as indicated by myself there.

:D It seems that no matter how slow or how fast are the speeds we introduce in the mod, there will always be someone complaining. Adding a selectable slower speed for 3.01 is no problem at all.
The problem is that on the slower speeds things like unit production are slowed down at the same time as tech rate, so you're back at square one. I think this is one of the biggest flaws in the unmodded game and it's depressing to think that 99% of players are still playing this way, even in mods.

When you get more turns to play with things before they go obsolete, EVERY other part of the game is enhanced.

The problem is that on the slower speeds things like unit production are slowed down at the same time as tech rate, so you're back at square one. I think this is one of the biggest flaws in the unmodded game and it's depressing to think that 99% of players are still playing this way, even in mods.

When you get more turns to play with things before they go obsolete, EVERY other part of the game is enhanced.

Wouldn't most games conclude before the end of classical era if you don't scale stuff? Rapid change of circumstances brings with it the need to adapt, and act quicker.

Top Bottom