Civilization 5 Rants Thread

stop going east stupid scouts! thats 3 of you gone east and i have a huge stretch of what i assume is asia to my west and you are all exploring the coast of kamchatka??? ii even started two of you off into the west before making you auto explore...... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatrgh

i feel slightly better now please ignore me. my stupid scouts do. :wallbash:

You can join the discussion any time.

Like I stated +2 Production, +2 Happiness and +2 Gold is extremely powerful in the beginning of the game.

Gems give 4+ happiness like every other luxury resource.

It only gives 3 extra gold by itself as well, any extra production is from it being on a hill + a mine.

3 gold is the most gold any luxury resource gives so it is great in that regard, however Gold and Silver can surpass it by being worth 4 gold with a Mint built (2 base + 2 from Mint) although waiting till currency vs having 3 gold straight up is a trade off.

The map builder has snookered me - again!

I like Terra because I like exploring the new world etc. I like playing as England because I like navies.
I don't like discovering that I cannot get out to the wide oceans, especially when all the AI civs can! Now I have a caravel stuck on harbour patrol.
In this particular game/map the only possible solution is to march overland and capture some remote Civ city on the coast, annex it and build a fleet - and that's going to entail a major campaign first just to get there. Seeing as Hiawatha-the-land-eater has just DOW'd me, I guess I'll be going via him.
Thanks for negating my civ's UA map builder!:goodjob:

Well, even if Venice can't buy tiles 25% cheaper, the wonder still reduces the culture cost by 25% for acquire new tiles in all cities and also one GE point.

Here is my rant on this obscenely bad AI:

I'm playing a game [aztecs, epic, king, large earth, me+10civs+18cs] where I carefully played the diplomacy to make them all love me [dofs, ras, religion, even luxury gifts]. All except Alex, who spawned close to my [we both on north america], so I dow imediately to avoid trouble.

I took one city state, one @%¨#%$% city state THAT NONE OF THEM KNEW EXISTED and the world imediately backstabbed me [washington, catherine, ghandi, caesar, pocahontas, attila and pachacuti]... only shaka and suleiman kept our dof! Worst, all of them consider me not a mere warmonger, but a threat of global proportions [for one city? jesus!]. I'm sure if elizabeth was in, she'd consider me a new dark ages, she always does that.

But here is what pisses me the most: Attila not only forward settled [not to say he actually settled inside them...] half these leaders BUT ALSO TOOK TWO CITY STATES THAT ALL OF THEM KNEW, and was NEVER even denounced by them.

Talk about two standards...

Fun fact: Rome also took a city state and no one gave a f00k about it.

^^right,you still get other benefits from building a wonder such as +1 culture per turn which can eventually be turned into 1 tourism per turn with a hotel or an airport.

Moderator Action: "How much did Fraxis pay to develop the AI" merged into the main rants thread.

Plus, if Venice builds the wonder, no one else can.

Good point. Reminds me of those time that one AI builds the Petra in a city with one desert tile. They're probably rubbing their hands in Schadenfreude as they send their caravan off and look at your desert cluttered city.

I love this game but the diplomacy is ridiculous. Case in point: my latest Deity game I started within 10 tiles of Bismarck's capital. He forward settled me with his second settler. I DoWed him and stole a worker, and then stole another one from a CS under his protection. Then we made peace, and less than 5 turns later he came up to me with...A denouncement? A DoW? Nope...he asked me to make a declaration of friendship!

Like what the crap. He should have hated my guts by that point.

A Dec of Friendship is a very smart move. It means if you decide to accept you have a low chance of attacking him again (because you'd be a backstabber). Dec of Friendship doesn't necessarily mean they like you. It's a very cavalier sort of friendship, like when a politician talks about "justice" and "freedom."

That's right, people. Today was the day when Civ BE sunk to the level of a 17 year old game in user count. Sid even had to kill civ 5 with a 'patch' so people buy his new bull and still it fummbled. GG civ. There were some good days I ll remember.

how exactly did Sid "kill" civ 5?

Also, once they patch it up to act more like SMAC, it will do better

It took them 2 years to 'patch' trade bug , while they were still milking civ 5. Now they are done it it- prepare for even longer wait.

It took them 2 years to 'patch' trade bug , while they were still milking civ 5. Now they are done it it- prepare for even longer wait.

It took them four years to fix the 'spinning icon on diplomacy' bug.

What do they do with all the money they make from these games? Spend it on hookers and blackjack?

What do they do with all the money they make from these games? Spend it on hookers and blackjack?

As a blackjack dealer, I would most appreciate this type of behavior. :lol:

"We've spent 40% of our Civ profits on hookers and blackjack. And the rest we've just wasted." -Anonymous member of Firaxis design team.

Moderator Action: another rant thread merged into the main Civ V Rants thread

Top Bottom