Beyond the Monument Episode 20 - Entering the Brave New World! (discussion thread)

what am i doing wrong??? I cant watch the video? I click on the link, it brings me to his home page, but no episode 20..just up to 19! Is it up yet??

slo

what am i doing wrong??? I cant watch the video? I click on the link, it brings me to his home page, but no episode 20..just up to 19! Is it up yet??

slo

Its a live stream so you can't watch it know you have to wait until it is uploaded to youtube or twithc tv proparly have to wait a day

slo
It finished about 30-60 mins ago you will have to watch it on youtube it is worth watching though.

Edit: :ninja:'d

ok, thanks, i thought it was on youtube already!!!

Oh and sorry to those that were hoping for a look at the Scramble for Africa scenario. :( The first two parts were 'much' longer than I had anticipated.

I'll be doing a live stream of an SfA game starting at 'midnight' (launch time in North America) on the 9th. So if you're sitting there waiting for the files to download or unpack, or have to wait until the 12th, come on by and you'll see an indepth look at the scenario.

MadDjinn you have solidified my decision on buying it, but you have nullified any way of going back to [GandK]

New term for getting influential status for tourism with Civs: Getting blue-bombed.

Is 1920x1080 coming for the video? I assume Youtube sometimes takes longer to process that.

No you can't expand into another civilization, you can only expand into unclaimed tiles (except with a great general)

Hmm...I guess perception can overtake reality at times. I'll chalk it up as an optical illusion then. :)

Is 1920x1080 coming for the video? I assume Youtube sometimes takes longer to process that.

It will max out around 720p I think, which by and large is the highest that it should be. Very few people can actually watch streams/videos in 1080p.

I can't directly stream to twitch at 1080p anyways, until I become a partner. THis is primarily due to twitch tying being able to multi-cast (720p, 480p, etc as options for viewers) to being a partner. My view is that actually hurts gaining viewers who would be happy to watch it in 480p (mobile types mostly, and people without higher bandwith/interweb connection).

Hmm...I guess perception can overtake reality at times. I'll chalk it up as an optical illusion then. :)

There is a fantastic Mod that allows two culture to compete on a single tile, & even to take over a pre-existing tile. I sure hope it gets updated for BNW ;-).

Aussie.

Oh wow, I love Maria's introduction, "I am Maria, who are you? Why are you here? WHO TOLD YOU TO COME?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

Oh and sorry to those that were hoping for a look at the Scramble for Africa scenario. :( The first two parts were 'much' longer than I had anticipated.

Yeah, because you spent the first 20 minutes snickering with the Irish. hahaha

;)

It will max out around 720p I think, which by and large is the highest that it should be. Very few people can actually watch streams/videos in 1080p.

I can't directly stream to twitch at 1080p anyways, until I become a partner. THis is primarily due to twitch tying being able to multi-cast (720p, 480p, etc as options for viewers) to being a partner. My view is that actually hurts gaining viewers who would be happy to watch it in 480p (mobile types mostly, and people without higher bandwith/interweb connection).

OK. 720p is up and going now at Youtube.

I wasn't sure if you had a stored video that you uploaded to Youtube, or whether it used the twitch.tv version.

Maybe add 1080p to the list of requests. I didn't realise that it was limited like that.

Thanks.

I'm a bit disappointed that the Dutch UA didn't get an additional bonus like 50% more gold from pillaging sea trade routes or 50% more range. Now that you can't really trade away your luxuries at the start of the game it seems the Dutch got nerfed a lot. Meanwhile the more popular Arabia got even more powerful..

I'm a bit disappointed that the Dutch UA didn't get an additional bonus like 50% more gold from pillaging sea trade routes or 50% more range. Now that you can't really trade away your luxuries at the start of the game it seems the Dutch got nerfed a lot. Meanwhile the more popular Arabia got even more powerful..

not true at all. You can definitely trade away your luxury resources for other luxuries and therefore still gain plenty from the UA. As well, you can trade the luxuries for gpt.

Can't wait to check it out :D. Have you played with each of the new civs yet Djinn?

Top Bottom