Coal not showing up in resource list

CrazyHeaven

Chieftain
I don't have access to coal. Made a city state with coal so I allied with a city state who had it but for some reason I still don't have access to coal. The iron and everything else is working as intended but not the coal.

I don't have access to coal. Made a city state with coal so I allied with a city state who had it but for some reason I still don't have access to coal. The iron and everything else is working as intended but not the coal.

The CS might just have coal in its city area, but it might not have a mine on it... you can pay the CS money so that it puts a mine on the coal.

Maybe the city-state stopped improving the tile for whatever reason before the mine was finished. Go to the Gift Menu for the city-state and see if you can spend money to improve any resources. That should fix it.

Yeah, if the city state hasn't put a mine up fully, it can't trade the coal. If it hasn't even started building a mine, and you're their Ally, you can "buy" the resource from them and build on it. Otherwise, you have to let them finish building the mine and then you can trade with them for coal.

I love this forum. I had allied with two city states with coal. I guess one of them was building the mine but weren't finished. The other I was able to pay for it.

City-states stay up to date with the highest tech civ. They just don't always act on developing their new resources right away.

I thought it was any tech that at least 2 civs have, not any tech that any civ has.

I think it is each tech that furthest along civ has but not all city states appear to have or use the new tech at all. Some will have rifleman and cannons/artillery while others will be sitting around with crossbowman and a few catapults.

I noticed whenever I was a runaway some of the city states ran right beside me. Went to war with an AI who was really behind. On my way to attack him we passed hong kong via a sea route without paying much attention... until we saw the large number of artillery shells falling out the sky taking out a large part of my army.

Top Bottom