YOUR art of war

I generally attempt to avoid war at all costs until I'm at the modern era.

At which point I like to roll in with a large navy and take out as many coastal cities that are available, generally with a handful of infantry not far away so I can capture. For any land locked areas or places in which I can not reach with my ships I play it safe with heavy uses of artillery until I can effective come in for the final blow to take the city.

I'm not very tactical, and probably not very strategic either.

Honestly, I like to avoid war at all costs.

I learned combining navies with land units has a lot of potential for success, both in terms of scouting, as well as combat and sieges..

I only play at intermediate skill, though. (i.e. I never joined a "pro" game online, only games not marked as such)

In the beginning of the game I usually try to avoid war. But I create some mounted and ranged units. Also if other civs have lots of coastal cities I make navies as fast as I can. I'm not the type who goes and charges enemy frontlines and take cities in the beginning. I try to keep the frontline from falling.

But it's totally diffirent story when I get cannons and riflemen. I start making strong frontlines (first line riflemen, second cannons and third is either cavalry or other riflemen) and then I charge at the enemy with all three lines of men taking city after city (well okay, I take one or two cities and kill the rest of the enemy army). I leave one line of gatling guns behind, just to keep my front from failing. Also 1-2 ships with all of my front coastal cities to keep the enemy from taking them.

Top Bottom