the un-takeable city, if on the coast

clif9710

Warlord
The ability to hold off city assaults is incredible.

Today I had one city with three civs (Monty, Bismarck and Bodicca) all at war with me at once. Fortunately, my city was on the coast and my population simply migrated to the ocean tiles and kept on bringing in the food.

I had one frigate in the city and one crossbowman. With those alone I held off everything that was thrown at me - knights, warriors, composite bowmen, musketmen, trebuchets. I wish there were a KUC (Killed Unit Counter) so I could report the total. Promotions piled up, more than enough to keep up with enemy units improving.

During all of this I was building wonders, running up a huge pile of cash and an impressive amount of happiness. I was buying up CS alliances and sending out Great Prophets by sea to spread my religion.

One by one the three enemy civs agreed to peace where there was no penalty for me - after over 125 turns of war.

The ability to hold off city assaults is incredible.

Today I had one city with three civs (Monty, Bismarck and Bodicca) all at war with me at once. Fortunately, my city was on the coast and my population simply migrated to the ocean tiles and kept on bringing in the food.

I had one frigate in the city and one crossbowman. With those alone I held off everything that was thrown at me - knights, warriors, composite bowmen, musketmen, trebuchets. I wish there were a KUC (Killed Unit Counter) so I could report the total. Promotions piled up, more than enough to keep up with enemy units improving.

During all of this I was building wonders, running up a huge pile of cash and an impressive amount of happiness. I was buying up CS alliances and sending out Great Prophets by sea to spread my religion.

One by one the three enemy civs agreed to peace where there was no penalty for me - after over 125 turns of war.

you should try playing byzantium, you can do the same tactic with dromons super early, which lets you get them upgraded with the +1 range and double attack promos, which makes for easy city taking galleases/frigates later on. combine it with god of war to get some huge faith production, even just from barbs if you leave the camps alone and let them keep sending barbs towards you.

Lol wow pretty good story . Did they do any pillaging ?

Yes, everything I had built before the war was destroyed, since almost every tile of mine was occupied by an enemy unit at one point or another. But because of the items I obtained through alliances and two lonesome crab fisheries, I had no troubles.

I forgot to mention that all the warfare brought me a great general and I had Defender of the Faith as one of my religious beliefs.

So think of three terrain promotions, plus logistics to give double strike, plus the 15% for a GG plus 20% for Defender of the Faith and you have one honkin' crossbowman!

It would be epic if you were playing as Byzantium and that city happened to be Constantinople lol.

Top Bottom