AI liberating cities

rev063

Chieftain
Not sure if this is new to the patch, but I've never had this happen before. Playing as the Mayans, my second city got captured by Bismarck. I gifted it to Sweden just before it fell, and later it was captured by Alexander. To my surprise Alexander liberated the city and returned it to my control! Sweet!

Patch is playing great for me. No crashes, and was able to capture a city with all the options: raze/puppet/annex. Haven't hit the pathing bug yet.

Not sure if this is new to the patch, but I've never had this happen before. Playing as the Mayans, my second city got captured by Bismarck. I gifted it to Sweden just before it fell, and later it was captured by Alexander. To my surprise Alexander liberated the city and returned it to my control! Sweet!

Patch is playing great for me. No crashes, and was able to capture a city with all the options: raze/puppet/annex. Haven't hit the pathing bug yet.

That is interesting. I have not had the pleasure of that happening before.

I`ve been waiting for this. It`s new with the Patch. If you`re on good terms with a city (Friendly\Allied) it will return a city it captured from a mutual enemy to you.

That must be the nicest thing Alex has done for anyone!

Alex was TOO nice. Deceptive or random personalities. Keep playing, watch as he targets that specific city with his army.

So Alex can be nice. Sure. What's next, Gandhi being honest, Khan tries dipomatic victory? ;)

Can you liberate cities this way in vanilla, and does the AI do it in vanilla as well?I have vanilla and got the patch and I was just wondering if this was included for vanilla or not.

Happend to me too. China captured Vienna and kicked Austria out of the game. Alex captured Vienna and liberated it back to Austria. After that it went bad for him and he is stuck in a small corner of the world.

Top Bottom