Asia Buildings Pack 3

I've been thinking of making an East Asian mill myself so I'll add that to my list. :) Any pics of a South Asian one?
With time (& fewer strings jerking the meat puppet around) found some things that reinforce what I mentioned above, + open up some other options if you really want to make different mills. The India section of the watermill wikipedia is very informative. Here are some pix to go with it:

thumbnail

upper left is what the article calls a "Persian wheel" & in India (second picture is a temple relief) is called a ghatti - the poor ox (or camel) walks round and round, raising water instead of grinding grain. Bottom left is a "noria" (not an Indian word, just the name for that type of mill). Upper right are three images of the "jars on the chain" mill that was intermediate between those two types. Bottom center are two pix to show traditional Indian mill housings. The lower right is a drawing of a traditional mill in Nepal with a photo of the setting. The underflow is the most common type of wheel mill in the subcontinent.

New preview - Chinese iron smelter. Next up will be the Mill. :D

Attachments

• ironsmelter.jpg
    ironsmelter.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 83
Ogedei I have a request, if you're up for it.

Early wonders! (pre 0 BCE). I start adding wonders to my mod, and realised how few Asian wonders there really is. I think I've added all the wonders that I could find on these forums, but it just isn't enough. Pretty much any wonder is appreciated. :)

Pre 0 BCE wonders?

There's a few I have in mind:
-Pyramid Mausoleum of Qin Shi Huang [Chinese] (that big pyramid outside of Xi'an)
-Yin Palace [Chinese] (the palace of the last Shang Dynasty capital)
-a generic Kofun [Japanese] (basically a large peculiarly-shaped burial tumulus)
-Ganghwa Dolmen [Korean] (a neolithic megalith; Korea alone has 40% of the world's dolmens)

These are specifically East Asian. Blue Monkey can suggest a few South Asian ones. :)

I'll have a little more free time in the coming week, so I'll get to making more stuff and perhaps even get around to figuring out 3ds Max. :)

All those would be much appreciated! :)

And I hope Blue stops by with somke suggestions too.

All those would be much appreciated! :)

And I hope Blue stops by with somke suggestions too.
I'll have a chance to work on it this weekend. I want to double check some dates, since there's greater cultural continuity in South Asia and I'm not sure of some of my "A" list are CE or BCE.

[threadjack]In my mod the wonders I lack most are from the Bronze age, so any new Indus or ancient SEAsian ideas are appreciated.[/threadjack]

Milled the rice. I tried to make the building look a little generic. Also put in some rocks for the river and a few sacks of rice at the front of the building. :)

Next up is a barracks and then Yin Palace.

Attachments

• watermill.jpg
    watermill.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 87
A barracks / militia HQ building in the works:

Attachments

• barracks.jpg
    barracks.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 95
Tortured the recruits:

Attachments

• barracks2.jpg