Medieval reskin shop

Wow, Mughal Siege Elephants, Camel Gunners... exactly what I was looking for!:yup:

Some new releases...

This + Venetian Infantry, Varangian Guard & Pashtuns are available to download in the first post. Note: if you got my crusader units from SoI 0.5.0 or from me before that, this set is updated (no more see-through necks) and has an extra unit: Templar Foot Knight.

Love the Crusader pack! Sadly, the zip file seems to be corrupt and it get errors when I try to extract the files. There seems to be a Windows hotfix here, but before I screw around with that, I'm curious if anyone else is having this problem?

And no, I'm not some silly noob, I've downloaded tons of files from here and extracted them successfully before. :p

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 80
Oops! I've spoken too soon, once again. The built in Windows zip utility and WinRAR couldn't extract the archive, but it turns out 7zip can. Everything is working fine now. Sorry! :blush:

Just so this post isn't totally useless, here is a new archive of the files for folks that don't use 7zip.

EDIT - removed zip per request

I could open my archives with 7-zip, WinRAR and Windows zip utility without problems... that being said I re-uploaded it with standard deflate-zip instead of LZMA. Could you remove the attachment so there's 1 source again, please?

Oh you, now I have to create a new civ only so I can include these fantastic new units in game :p

I could open my archives with 7-zip, WinRAR and Windows zip utility without problems... that being said I re-uploaded it with standard deflate-zip instead of LZMA. Could you remove the attachment so there's 1 source again, please?

Done. Sorry for the trouble.

Embryo, I was wondering if you could create some Norman and Anglo-Saxon units so I can use them for England. Also if you could create something for the Netherlands that'd be awesome too, although I am not sure what you could really do for them since I don't think there was an independent nation there, Switzerland/Helvetia would be awesome too.

If you can't, or don't have time, that's cool. Just a simple request.

where can I find the senario/knight'stemplar animations?!

where can I find the senario/knight'stemplar animations?!

In the same folder (or FPK file) as other Civ4 units - they're part of vanilla Civ4. But all you really have to do is use this KFM in ArtDefines XML:

<KFM>Art/Units/scenario/knigts_templar/knightstemplar.kfm</KFM>

(knigts = not a typo, spelling original)

Embryo, I was wondering if you could create some Norman and Anglo-Saxon units so I can use them for England. Also if you could create something for the Netherlands that'd be awesome too, although I am not sure what you could really do for them since I don't think there was an independent nation there, Switzerland/Helvetia would be awesome too.

If you can't, or don't have time, that's cool. Just a simple request.

The existing units for England seem quite fine... and Bakuel made same Normans as part of the Viking set IIRC. I'm not doing any Anglo-Saxons, or any complete "Ethnic" sets, but I can try to make some Norman/English textures for the above units if that's of any use for you (possibly with a different helmet from Bakuel's Norman knight, and shields ofc).

thanks, also I think those enlgish reskins would benefit me too :p

Something along these lines (I don't think the head is by Bakuel after all, I have no idea who made it).

Attachments

• norman_swordsman.jpg
    norman_swordsman.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 158
maybe 3 yellow lions on the torso?

Yes, but 2 lions (3 lions are Plantagenets') and it's not possible with this model unless I manage to re-map it later (it's mapped symetrically right now, so left side is the same as right).

I second the request for some English units. Most mods I've seen use these guys, and they are quite nice, but the early units don't really fit for England due to the crusader garb. I use these guys in the mod I'm working on, but it would be great to have some early English units with the lions clearer/easier to see. Not very historically accurate, but would work well in the context of the game.

Just my thoughts, I've no doubt that whatever you end up creating will be top notch! :goodjob:

Top Bottom