Legends of Citana: The First Era

Nice update! Though, you should check the last spoiler, because all nations' updates after the Quillaachu are inside the Quillaachu's update.

EDIT: I also spent money into building that road in this turn. In fact, I spent exactly the 100 Gold it costs! Why don't the stats reflect that?

As before, the sooner orders are in, the sooner an update can occur.

@zeletdude: hopefully a hearty "welcome aboard" to you.

@Milarqui: As discussed in AIM, that is solely what remains to pay for the rest of the road.

The Leaving of the Nomads

This was it. They had tried to convince them to remain in Ziner, telling them that it was the best for everyone, but it became impossible. This would be the second time this year that they had had to see part of their people leave Ziner, but at least the first time it happened they had been able to accept it, because they would be settling down just at a few days of distance. This time, they would not be as lucky, because the Nomads were adamant in leaving the city of Zinar and roam Nessan, retaking what they claimed was the ways of the Ancients - although no story or legend ever spoke of the people of Yevah having nomadic lives: the city of Zinar had existed since the time of Adona.

The thirty-thousand strong group that had decided they wanted to leave had just crossed the Champion David Bridge (called like that after the man who had accepted the challenge presented by Dac-Gabriel-lan-Detra-Raphael Judah and had parted, first to the south, to fight monsters and gain strength, and then to the east, where it was said that the Titans had left ruins and artefacts of great power), and nearly all the population of Ziner was at the side of the bridge that led to the city.

In the middle of the bridge met five people: Dac-Gabriel Judah, the King of Yevah; Isaac-lan-Abraham Canaan, the leader of the Nomads; Samuel, Master of the Spoken Word; Samson, Master of the Engraved Word, and Deborah, Mistress of the Written Word. They were there because of the ritual they had to fulfill. It was the only request Dac-Gabriel Judah had made of the Nomads, and they could hardly reject that request.

Dac-Gabriel Judah looked at Isaac-lan-Abraham. "Are you sure that you still want to leave? You know that all of you are welcome to stay."

"I thank you for your worry, Yevah Judah, but we really wish to do this."

"Very well. Masters Deborah, Samson and Samuel, would you kindly start with the enchantments?"

"Yes, Yevah Judah," the three Masters spoke at once. Master Samson had already brought a block of stone and was using a chisel and hammer to Engrave the Magikala on the block. Mistress Deborah Wrote the enchantment on a piece of parchment, which she put over the block of stone. Then, Master Samuel raised his staff and Spoke aloud, using his magic over the stone and parchment. The combination of the three charms bind them into one block of granite. The three Masters left the bridge then, for the last part of the ceremony was only for the ears of Yevah Judah and Yevah Canaan.

Dac-Gabriel Judah and Isaac-lan-Abraham stood at each side of the stone - Gabriel on the side of Zinar, Isaac on the side of the Nomads - and spoke.

"We, Dac-Gabriel-lan-Detra-Raphael Judah and Isaac-lan-Abraham Canaan, swear this oath on our lives, our magic and our descendants, upon the departure of the Nomads of Yevah for unknown lands."

"I, Dac-Gabriel-lan-Detra-Raphael Judah of the Men of Yevah, swear that I will allow the Nomads of Yevah to freely leave the city of Zinar without placing obstacles to their departure, that any city of the Men of Yevah will welcome the Nomads of Yevah when they arrive to that city, and that any of the Nomads of Yevah that wishes to live again among the Men of Yevah that they will be welcome to do so."

"I, Isaac-lan-Abraham Canaan, swear that I will mantain contact with the Men of Yevah, that messengers will be sent to Zinar at least once a year, that pilgrims will be allowed to visit the Temple of the Ancestors without impediment, that all magical artefacts the Nomads find will be sent to Zinar so that they may be studied, and that we will remain at least one week with the Men of Yevah whenever our travels bring us near the lands of the Men of Yevah."

"We, Dac-Gabriel-lan-Detra-Raphael Judah and Isaac-lan-Abraham Canaan, swear that this oath will hold until the end of times, and that should anyone break this oath, then the oathbreaker will suffer for it, and not the people of the oathbreaker.

"So let it be!"

A flash covered the bridge, and when it disappeared the block had become pure white, like marble was, with the Engraved Word seen in one side of the block, the Written Word seen on the top of the block and the Spoken word seen on the side opposed to the Engraved word, so that all future generations would know what this block was, and the importance it held for the Men and the Nomads. The stone would then be moved to Tell-el-Ful, the Royal Palace, where it would be safeguarded as the witness to the vow that the two leaders would swear, and which would hold till the end of times.

"Shalom, Isaac-lan-Abraham Canaan. May your travels be peaceful and good."

"Shalom, Dac-Gabriel-lan-Detra Raphael Judah. May your reign and that of your descendants be fruitful and long."

Both men left the bridge to their side, and soon a horn sounded among the Nomads, signalling their departure. Many horns were blown on the other side, as the Men of Yevah said goodbye to their friends and relatives, hoping that they might be able to meet with them soon again.

It was a sad day, but still it strengthened the bonds between all of them.

Good story Milarqui.

As you all may be aware, I am experimenting with a new map maker with this NES. I was given Campaign Cartographer 3 for Christmas and it is a boon for NESing, I just have to figure out how to make it properly. In addition to the fantasy map that I've created thus far, it also provides the capacity to make 2D and 3D space maps, in addition to both modern and fantasy cityscapes. Furthermore, it has several functions that'll prove useful to me professionally too. To help me, and thus help all my NESes ever, I'd humbly request that if any of you like, I will map out your city or a town in order to practice with the cityscape portion of the software.

Story goes here (soonish, planned out already). EDIT: What the heck am I saying? I have an update to write!

For a city map, can it do a city on a cave slope, with a pool of water in the center (from the leak)? That is the main city- there are probably secondary caves and stuff to the sides as well.

I really do not know the full capacities of the program completely yet, so I'll see what we can do.

I have a story planned out and ready to be deployed later on tonight if I have enough time... who am I kidding, I'll have enough time.

Greyview would be an interesting challenge, if you're up to it. The majority of the houses are carved straight into the rock, or improved caverns. Important buildings tend to be large towers protruding from the earth. The monastery and the council where the Ayar meet are the two exceptions. They are flat buildings placed on the highest peaks of the Talos Mountains.

And for the front page stats, Ayar live 80-100 years and are about 1.4 meters tall. The wind-seekers, however, tend to live at least 30 years longer.

The Courtship of Ruth-len-Eli

He knew that he had to find a wife. He was young, still twenty-four, but he knew that he needed a queen. So far, he had only had a few dalliances with some girls when he still was Isral, the Prince of Yevah: he hid his identity so that the girls did not feel forced to have relations with him just because he was Isral, but instead so that they did it because they wanted to do it. He also made sure that the girls enjoyed it, because he knew that if the girl likes the relation then they are more given to return the favor on their own.

Those had ended the moment his father Detra-Raphael-lan-Pen-Uriel died: the labor of Judah was a hard one, and he wanted to ensure the continuity of his throne before he could think about something else. But now he was ready to take on the challenge to find a woman that wished to be his wife.

He did not want this to be a marriage of convenience: his parents were happily married for many years before illness took his mother away. His father held on for years, but he was very different since then. It was said that they were soul-mates, and that her death had taken part of him to the Afterlife, which was why he had changed.

He wanted something similar to what his parents had: a woman that loved him for who he was, without regards to the fact that he was Judah.

It was when he knew her that he was sure his search had ended.

Ruth-len-Eli.

She was a beautiful woman: long, dark, soft hair; shining blue eyes; a body with curves, but not too exaggerated; long legs... and to the beauty of her body, she could add that of her mind, for Ruth was a very intelligent woman, on par with the wisest sages of Yevah. He knew that she would be the best queen Yevah would have, but he wished to talk with her, to be with her, to fall in love with her and get her to fall in love with him.

It was then that the courtship started, one courtship he hoped would end in happiness, and that would be always in the annals of history as one of the most romantic and happy marriages in history.

OOC: As I write this, it is near midnight. Gotta go to have my 12 grapes. Happy New Year!

I found internet at a friend's place, for a few seconds... I'll send orders now, but, again, if Next turn, I aint around, NPC me, please?

Will have to send orders post-New Years celebrations. That said, I guarantee I can get them in.

An Account From Emperor Vral

It's been only a few years since the nomads up and left from our Empire, leaving behind much in their wake. Thousands left in their exodus as they sought to "seek their roots" once more... roots of what? I ask that question, because I remember my roots... the Titans when they ruled over the world sought to cause as much pain and suffering to our people and cause them to fight endless bloody conflicts for their own amusement. I am curious, is that what they mean by going back to their roots? It seems to me to be a foolhardy and stupid idea, but then again, I myself am not a nomad, but the Emperor of Barslov. Some people now look at me and say to themselves, "He failed to stop the nomads from leaving, why should we follow him?" I would ask the same thing as well... I never imagined myself an Emperor, let alone a major person in the affairs of the tribesmen and the tribeswomen.

I have to try and hold my nation together, no matter the cost and the price. The nomads are peaceful for now, but how long until it is that they turn their eyes towards the Shadowhold and the rest of the Empire to take what they want and reap what we have sown here? They are just like us, yes, but that is only temporary. Generations that pass in the future will come to fear and fight them more likely than not, and when that happens a great amount of blood shall be spilt upon the ground as the Empire and the island we are on is torn apart... I must act to stop this.

At the same time, I must act for the good of the people as well. I must organize parties to settle new areas and bring prosperity to the entire nation as a whole. We will have to finish off the nomads first, so that our people might be safer in the future, though my heart pains me to say it. We may have to enslave the tribes that have left us to go out into the wildlands on our island, and bring them back here into the fold of the Shadowhold, at whatever the cost. We must act soon though, for upon the horizon are dark clouds of a future era, one that will be wrapped in blood and turmoil.

My wife is young, and we can still produce children as well, as there must be an heir to succeed me on the throne of the Empire; no heir, and the entire nation comes apart at the seams. That I have seen, and that I will prevent at whatever the price.

Gods and ancestors watch over us.

I don't want to cause problems, but the location I actually wanted to be is thus:

@Boundless, yeah, no problem, we can switch your spot at this stage of the game.

This would be the 48 hour warning for the deadline of orders.

Well, it seems that we actually have 80% of orders now. Only two sets are missing from Boundless and crezth. As typical in this scenario, I will be saving their parts of the update for last, so ya'll should have at least 3 hours to get in some sort of orders.

Disregard that, Terrence, missing yours too. Just mistook your PMed questions for orders.

Top Bottom