Goz-1, I left my wallet at home, but...

Sorry for the vagueness, I was in a hurry.

Great to see caesar on his knees, Should we destroy him or just try to get a good peace treaty?

I say we take enough cities for him to be crippled beyond repair and then leave him. Without killing him.

Lurker's comment: 'Roma ha perdido su capital!' I love how the game is now informing us in Spanish. Should be Catalonian of course, but never mind.
I get a GE and use it to boost Hagia Sophia (changed Gao's production)... Education finished, changed Gao to Notre Dame, boosted by GE.
That would be more than just a 'boost' in these cases; a Great Engineer gives 300 :hammers:, + 30 :hammers: for each citizen.
For a Gao at size 7 that would come to 510 :hammers:, much more than what's needed for Hagia Sophia (300 :hammers:) or Notre Dame (400 :hammers:) - not saying anything is wrong with the choices, of course.

You do have a spare lux - gold - and plenty of iron to do a bit of trading with.

Lurker comment: I love reading these succession game threads - it's the way I learn to play better! I haven't noticed if anyone built the Great Wall yet in this game. If someone built it, can you please post which Civ it was? I'm interested in seeing how you guys handle an attack on a Civ where your movement is slowed so much.

So who's next on the roster?

You are! :lol:

Sorry for not being able to check out the game yet, work is overloaded atm and will be for another day or two. But it looks like we're on track.

I give my comments tomorrow this time, if you're not in a hurry?

If you are, think about the next 10 turns and how we go about it.

Ok, I had a look at the save and it was well played, JK! :)

Now we're sitting next to Rome and will be losing a couple of units, so my idea is to continue building horses. We will lose a few now and again and 3 pikes near Rome doesn't change that, haha.

So if we skip Chitzen Itza in Gao and concentrate on military instead, we really don't need that wonder, even if it's one of them I do like....but probably not right now in this game. We need more Mandus and we still have a bunch of horses to build from and lots of units left before we hit the threshhold. We also have a bunch of iron and one surplus Gold, we try to sell some of that in a couple of turns. Just let us see how the Roman war turns out, he's not ready for peace yet.

If we leave him with what he have, that incense near Cumae someone talked about, we can get it when we attack Russia too. But happiness is +12 atm and another colloseum finishes next turn, so we're not in any of unhappiness danger yet, and we'll get a golden age in about 15 turns too. But do we need Chitzen Itza to enhance that? I think units are more important now.

Next policy is in 13 turns or so, do we open up Tradition or Honor?

Given our militaristic approach, honor should be a must. Of course tradition gives nice bonuses focused on the capital. But Id go for honor.

Btw, thanks :)

Given our militaristic approach, honor should be a must. Of course tradition gives nice bonuses focused on the capital. But Id go for honor.

You're welcome. you did the right thing by holding on for another turn to get into position, instead of rushing it...and you only lost one unit in that terrain, so it was good. :)

I think I agree to adopt Honor next, the choice will be if we want the right or left side.

Hopefully someone like jeffah or even someone like him can help out. (pun intended) :crazyeye:

Lurker comment: I love reading these succession game threads - it's the way I learn to play better! I haven't noticed if anyone built the Great Wall yet in this game. If someone built it, can you please post which Civ it was? I'm interested in seeing how you guys handle an attack on a Civ where your movement is slowed so much.

Thanks for watching our game. :)

For your interest, we can build the Great Wall in 12 turns right now, but we won't. If an AI builds it, you will know by the reports.

You are! :lol:

Sorry for not being able to check out the game yet, work is overloaded atm and will be for another day or two. But it looks like we're on track.

I give my comments tomorrow this time, if you're not in a hurry?

If you are, think about the next 10 turns and how we go about it.
Excellent... :mwaha:

Anyways, I'll grab the save tomorrow and post my own thoughts. Then I'll play it on Saturday and post the turns.

Don't we already have the tradition opener? In that case I would strongly advice that we go for legalism to get som mud mosques.

Oh, true. do we? I hadn't considered that, but if we have the opener it might be worth it...

Sorry it took me so long to post, it has been a busy and interesting week. On Saturday, I saw my first dead body when someone got shot in the head outside my condo. Gotta love America :lol:. Then, of course, I had to deal with my family for Easter which made me wish I was shot in the head :suicide:.

Things are looking pretty good for the game other than the Pikemen starting to come out. We are definitely going to need reinforcements and some clever tactical play to take them out and finish off Caesar. I would still like to take Cumae (for the Incense) and leave Caesar with just 1 city but it isn't required. He doesn't seem to be interested in making peace anyway and we have plenty of :c5happy: at the moment so we might as well take what we can.

I agree that we don't really need Chicken Pizza and we could just pump out a few more Mandus with those hammers. I don't see much wonder building in this game with us going so wide. Universities are a decent option coming up now as well but I say build units and conquer other people's wonders:viking:.

I don't really see much benefit to getting Banking right now. I think we would be better served getting to Steel for Longswords and working towards Chemistry. A Longsword/Mandu/Cannon (or even Treb) army should serve us well for a long time. Generating :c5gold: is nice but we will make a lot of it from conquering cities so I don't think we need to focus on it.

I think Legalism is our next SP for the Mud Pyramid Mosques. After that I lean more towards Piety than Honor. I just find Honor underwhelming this late. The opener is nearly useless now, the left side is decent for this game, but the right side looks really weak for us. The 10% bonus from Discipline is negligible and Military Caste is completely useless. Professional Army is decent but you have to pick up 3 prior SPs to get it. Organized Religion from Piety on the other hand is going to be amazing. It only requires the opener to get and it will be an immediate 10+ :c5happy: boost. It also scales for the rest of the game as we build more culture buildings unlike most other policies. Unless we are planning to go for Rationalism (which I don't think we are) then I think Piety is the way to go. Eventually the Order opener will also be really good.

I went banking cuz we need it to get to chemistry... Oh wait, no, it was dynamite.
Anyway, we can research it and then beeline foe steel and chemistry. In case you are wondering, yes, i have any insane obsession with GOLD :evil:

Don't we already have the tradition opener? In that case I would strongly advice that we go for legalism to get som mud mosques.

I believe we DO have the opener, the "lock" is not there, as it's there on other unopened policies. Don't know how to figure it out other ways.

But if it's the case we have the opener, the policies should follow this path: Legalism, Open Piety and then OR.

I agree honor is somewhat late, but it's always late in my games, since I tend to take Liberty 97.3% of the time in my own games. But Piety is way better here and now or at least soon.

We should research Metal Casting next for workshops and the maybe Steel which is one tech I seriously love. My idea in a post before was to build up enough Mandus for the Civs far away and some LS for our backyard, which will close the game earlier.

I say set a goal here, 12 Mandus and 6-7 LS would be enough to take on the rest of the world. Of course with reinforcements coming every now and again. That's how I usually take out my own continent quckly.

But then, I only have like one or two proper Domination wins in my name.

Ok, Cumae, we don't "really" need it, but we will win incense and some more horses, plus the gold we get when we sack the city.

JK, we get all the gold we want by taking cities...what did you get by sacking 2? close to 600g! So we should just forget about banks and build units, units...then more units! :)

Who ever mentioned building banks?:mischief:

Anyway, although I love to earn a couple hundred gpt, I dont feel any urge to. I guess I tend to play like usual, despite going for Dommy (first Dommy o' mine :D)

"In case you are wondering, yes, i have any insane obsession with GOLD"
"Anyway, although I love to earn a couple hundred gpt, I dont feel any urge to."

JK, you are contradicting yourself, now call ACF (anonymous civ fanatics) immediately. :lol:

NUUU, I mean that I always feel like we need moar moneyz! (in-game, of course) But that there is no real- wait what's our income? BUILD ALL BANKS NOW!!! :run:

moar moneyz! IS WHAT WE ALL NEED, BUT RIGHT NOW WE NEED MORE HORSIES!!!!~~!!111

Top Bottom