have you changed your interest to another game?

echolovesyou

Chieftain
first I have to admit that Civ III is a great game. I have played it since it first came out. It is always the most replayable game on my desktop. During this time i also played many other games, such as FPS games like call of duty, medal of honor, or games like GTA3 or Mafia. Still, these games did not completely drag me away from Civ III, since Civ III has much more replay value.

recently I turned my interest away again, this time is Rome: total war. I found out it to be a similar game as Civ III, but also differently. the strategic part of the game is not as complex as Civ III, however, the war part (real time battle field) of that game is amazingly good. this game is so addictive that I almost forget about playing Civ III now.

does anyone have similar experience as I do? have you turned your interest away from Civ III sometimes? how did you cope with it?

Yes, I stop playing for awhile then come back all the time. If you could look at a graph of how I post here you could tell when I am not playing Civ-all my posts are in off topic instead of this one

You know, I actually will go play a game on a different platform from time to time. I own a PS2, Gamecube, and a Gameboy Advance SP. The crazy thing is I find myself playing the Gameboy the most. I love Metroid and all the side-scrollers. I find them to be a challenge, but not an overwhelming challenge like the new games. I guess since I grew up playing a 2600 and NES/SNES that I just like that sorta thing. However, I always come back to Civ3...always.

Although I've left playing civ several times, I always relapse into it again. Latest being RoN, when I moved up to Tougher difficulty, I spent about one weekend playing RoN virtually non-stop before getting bored with it and taking up Civ again. Of course, I've done that many times before with JSRF, TA, MK:DD, AoE<--(albeit very breifly)

AoE and AoM were two of the worst experiences with games I have ever had. I would rather play Pong than those two.

When I'm not playing Civ, I'm playing SMAC or Grand Prix 4.

As a very experienced gamer, I've played many, many games. Almost every Xbox games that's decent. Many PC games, especially from 3-4 years ago (when my PC was new). My personal favorite: Civ III. It always brings me back.

I got civ about 2 years ago and played it a lot, but I quit for a while. Then I started again and haven't stopped since, that was probably around March.

Always. But I always come back to Civ3.

Diablo 2, (Actually, I played this when I started Civ.) Freelancer, GTA3, GTA:VC, Red Faction 1&2, NFS Underground, Roller Coaster Tycoon....I've played (and finished) most of those while coming back to Civ3. It's a good idea, keeps Civ3 fresh for me.

Haven't changed my interest to another game but i am getting bored with playing civ3. Instead of just enjoying playing the game, i'm now more concerned about always being one up over the AI. And it irritates me when that happens and it really affects my playing. Maybe i'm getting too personal with the AI.
Must tell myself... "it's only an AI!"

I loose interest from time to time, switch to FPS for a couple of weeks and switch back to CIV3.

I have to admit that the only guy I hate and like is the guy who introduced me to CIV in January. And since then That's all I've been playing, I went from the bootleg disk he gave me to buying the actual game and the conquest expansion. This game has ruined my life, I've been late so many times at work, many nights I don't sleep, don't have a social life... my days go by going to work, come home, play, and do the whole thing the following day...
P.S. it's not a complaint! I love it!!!

I've been away to GTAs, and FFs, and will be away to HL2 once I get it, but I always return to Civ3. Much to my wife's disappointment :blush:

Neil. :cool:

I divide my time between Civ III and playing online IL-2 Sturmovik.

I play Warcraft3 and Starcraft sometimes, but Civ3 is the game in which i spend the most time on

@Vegasgustan: i tried them too, and agree with you: they really SUCK.

@Daien: i know what you mean... if only i could force myself to spend more time looking for cute girls and less time playing civ... but i cannot, i'm hopelessly addicted to the feeling of dominating the world.

@Colonel: siamo in due! giallorosso?

Flintlock said:
Although I've left playing civ several times, I always relapse into it again.
I have done it as well. It's my first strategic game and since I got it I've stoped playing it in order to play Age of Mythology, Celtic Kings, Carthage, RoN and most recently Knights of Honor. But now mainly I play civ.
:mischief:

Right now I am playing Pirates!, but I can tell you for sure that I will turn back to Civ3 soon.

It is one of the few games out there that can be played many times - in fact, I never played another game so often or over such a prolonged period as Civ3, except Ultima Online (MMORPG).

I'm playing to Pirates since this is a new game, but I continue to play Civ3 at the same time. A little of pirates and a little of Civ 3 following my mood.

I was playing very often to Medieval Total War in the past, but for now the game is erased of my hard disk, because I've not time to enter in the huge time consuming battles.

Vegasgustan said:
AoE and AoM were two of the worst experiences with games I have ever had. I would rather play Pong than those two.
Aww, c'mon AoE isn't that bad. In fact, I only got started playing Civ because I thought it was like AoE :blush:

AoE was awesome.it stinks now,but i havnt had as much fun on a game since.AoK with the xpack is great also....

Top Bottom