New screenshots on Gamespot

Wow, looks majorly awesome! :D

"Your head would look good on the end of a pole" :lol:

Civrules said:
Hehe, they had six screenshots up, but they just removed one, obviously (didn't see which one tho).

I downloaded 6. The missing one was the first in the interview text which was not in the indexed screenshot area.

I'm (surprise) dissapointed.

It would appear that the redcoat is the British UU--which means they probably felt this would balance better than a naval UU--which means that navies are probably just as ineffective as previous civ games.

...or perhaps it is possible that they implemented the UU for each leader idea, and the other one is a ship UU? It's possible.

I need a grid to play that game.

The variable size of the graphics, and therefore, of the tiles makes me feel it uneasy to play. I do not know where a tile ends and where the next one begins.

The units are a bit too large. Still occupy too much space. I know, it is an old issue, but that's what it looks like to me. CIV III units are also much bigger than the buildings and rest of the landscape, so maybe is a question of being used to the graphics.

It IS a question of being used to it. A few hours into playing Civ 4 we'll all think this is the most natural thing in the world.

God, that looks awesome! I SO can't wait now!

Cool looking, especially the unit-less terrain screens.
The 600 ft tall units really spoil the view, even though they're well-rendered.

I don't particularly like the city status indicators either---kind of cartoony.

The screenshots are nice, but I just want to play the game :cry: , there was not much new in the interview. I think they are just doing these to keep people interested :)

BTW, anybody else notice the names of the cities? 'The cliffs of insanity' :lol:

Urederra said:
I need a grid to play that game.

The variable size of the graphics, and therefore, of the tiles makes me feel it uneasy to play. I do not know where a tile ends and where the next one begins.

The units are a bit too large. Still occupy too much space. I know, it is an old issue, but that's what it looks like to me. CIV III units are also much bigger than the buildings and rest of the landscape, so maybe is a question of being used to the graphics.

agree, i always play civ3 with grid on, and from those screenshots it looks civ4 would need it even more.

I never use the grid, so if it wasn't there, it would take me a little time to adjust to the new terrain, but I would probably get used to it. I find it easy to tell where one tile begins and ends.

I dont mind the terrin; rivers look rather good in them, particuraly, IMO.

what I dont understand is why so little unit wise seems to be done; red coats might be the British UU, but those cossaks being built most certinally are not, which raises the question that the hoplite-spearmen thus seen are just place holder art work.

cfc says babaylon is a civ

I don't know what it is, but the graphics don't convince me. What are those giants doing there? And those multi units with their legs crushing the town, they are supposed to defend?
Now imagine they have a strength of 5, how messy. All those icons ect. look a bit kiddy, but maybe that's the target audience to win this time round.

I feel disappointed at myself for saying this but ... I'm going to have to agree with ThERat. The graphics IMHO are sub-par to what we've got right now. Looks really cartoony and simply not realistic. Kinda seems like we're taking a few steps back ... hopefully they'll make up for it with much better and smarter A.I., and expanded diplomacy and economic options for micromanagement oddballs such as myself :twitch:. Someone please ... quickly ... help me snap out of it! I'm loosing touch with Civ 4 already. :sad:

Top Bottom