Wow,That Can't Be Good...part DEUX

colusaboy

Chieftain
Holy cow, we hijacked a perfectly good thread from a decent sort or chap, the mostly harmless jefferyac!
My apologies to you,sir. here's your good idea back.

Have you ever had one of those game moments where you see an event or something happens, and you just know it's trouble?

For example, 3265 BC in a marathon game in my current game (which is my 2nd try ever on Prince, trying to move up a difficulty level...) Neighbors are Suryavarman (who has a floodplain start - gee, wonder if he'll be a tech power??) and Sitting Bull. The event pops up:

"A Master Bowyer has developed techniques that improve the strength of all Native American war bows."

and I think, as the title says... that can't be good!

Any other good moments out there?

Please,no Knight tales of watching a battleship sail past your island :blush:

Getting owned by the animals? Wow,that can't be good.
good one,sir.

It's about 1400 AD . Using my caravel navy , I'm the first to circumnavigate the earth! Only one nation has a higher score! And the headline is something about a nuclear weapons protest....:eek:

That can't be good!

Montezuma has declared war on you! Mansa Musa has declared war on you! Suryavarman has declared war on you! Alexander has declared war on you! Shaka has declared war on you!

The Apostolic Palace is a dangerous thing, and I found out the hard way that hogging religions can have a significant downside...

I get a message from my ole buddy Shaka: "We declare war" and then get inundated by 8 trillion "Enemy has been spotted near Nottingham" messages. I look, and see 10 Impis streaming across my border. I had been concentrating on building London into a nice, well developed city, and didn't build much military because I was was pushing out workers and going after Judaism (which I got yay). :(

I'm teching Code of Laws and 'Mansa Musa is the first to discover Liberalism!' pops up. >:

A massive barbarian uprising is occurring. Please select one of the following:

• We are likely to take the bulk of the barbarian horde's fury.

I was recently playing the earth 18civs map as Rome. I had built up a territory with my praets that was about the territorial extent of the historical Roman Empire, and after building that empire I was settling on building up for a little while. Anyway, Catherine was stronger than me so I made nice, giving her techs when she demanded and even signing an open border agreement. She declares war on Mansa Musa and I see huge stack after huge stack after huge stack of Cossacks and artillery going through my territory into Africa. I knew her next target would be me and sure enough it was, but I was prepared.

Still, when seeing those huge stacks I thought "That can't be good..."

Placing the cursor on one of Monty's cities and seeing 30 cavalries...

That can't be good.

I was checking the religious advisor screen and noticed that hinduism had 53% and a couple turns later Hannibal (Hindu founder) gets a Great prophet. I was on a another continent(smaller one) with 2 civs and all the other religions spread evenly between us.

"Wang Geon wants to become a vassal of De Gaulle."
"Huayna Capac wants to become a vassal of De Gaulle."
"Zara Yacoub wants to become a vassal of De Gaulle."
"Sitting Bull has capitulated and now is a vassal state of De Gaulle."
"De Gaulle looks at you funny."

My last game... Sure enough, 10 turns after, hell broke loose.

Catherine declares war!

"A russian trebuchet has withdrawn from combat with your longbowman"
"A russian trebuchet has damaged 3 of your units by collateral damage!"
"A russian trebuchet has damaged 2 of your units by collateral damage!"
"A russian trebuchet has damaged 1 of your units by collateral damage!"

"While defending, your longbowman was destroyed by a russian hussar"

"York (Diamond Eye) has been captured by Catherine!"

"Shaka declares war!"

Besides the early 'Barbarian Uprising' :mad:

Seeing Hatty get the 'Horseshoe" event for free flanking.

Finally getting enough espionage points on Caesar to see into his cities and learing his army consists of 84 Riflemen and 33 Cavalry. he don't like me much either. :blush:

(Shaka pops up on my screen)

"We demand this from you!"
(shows 3 techs)

Bah, he's all the way across this huge continent I'm on, he has to go through like 3 AIs to get to me. Refuse!

Next turn...

"Shaka has declared war on you!"

Crap. Well, better get ready.

Next turn...

"The enemy has been spotted near Santiago!"
etc.

(50ish cavalry storm into my lands. I have longbows.)

Im sure Ghandi gets nervous the second he founds his religion and im his neighbour. I LOVE ghandi as neighbour. :D
he makes for excellent pretfood. im sure if he was on these forums he would complain bout me.

Last game i knew i was screwed when i scouted my direct neighbours and found that i was surrounded by 3 protective guys, china, native Ammies and sumeria...

actually took out sitting bull before the rest started to get involved and flank me. I was screwed before 1 AD.

Playing on continents map, and seeing "X has been founded in a far away land", for every, single religion.

I LOVE ghandi as neighbour. :D
he makes for excellent pretfood. im sure if he was on these forums he would complain bout me.

yeah, i can vouch for that. He'd report you to the mods for giggling while saying "chutney"
:rolleyes:

*prepares for curry flavored complaints*

Damn, i am now wishing i had some Mutton Masala. I am moving to India tommorrow.

ENEMY SPOTTED NEAR SANTIAGO x 100!
...that can't be good. :lol:

I hate seeing Woodsman III jaguars come romping through my STILL FORESTED lands. That annoys me to no end.

Top Bottom