Is the DLC worth it?

Smuggo

Chieftain
My girlfriend just got me this game and, despite my reservations about a such a scaled down version of Civ, i'm finding it some great light relief after recently completing a 6-month long epic earth game on Civ3.

I've downloaded the free DLC on Xbox Live, but i'm not sure whether to get the wonder and relic packs or maybe the multiplayer maps.

Are there many people to play on XBL? I know many less popular multiplayer games tend to suffer from a major lack of players, but i'm keen to try the MP as it seems like it will play out over a reasonable timescale.

Also, the wonder and relic packs seem a bit expensive for just a few extras, are they worthwhile additions to the game?

I personally don't really find the DLC to be worth it. I never really use any of the DLC content that I have. But I also only play multiplayer, so the DLC isn't available. Yes, you can usually find games on Xbox Live relatively easy. It's not like Halo or Call of Duty, so you might have to wait a few minutes, but you can usually find a game within 5 minutes or so. I don't usually have much trouble finding games anyway.

Thanks, i've never played Civ online, only hotseat on the PC games, mainly because it takes so long to play the PC games. I'm thinking of trying this though once i've beat a few games at king level as it seems like a much shorter and more manageable multiplayer game.

I'm in the UK so don't know if i'll find fewer players at the times i'm on but i'll give it a go next time I've got a few hours free in the evening.

Top Bottom