Using Windows 10 to run CIVii Gold Edition

mikemull

Chieftain
I bought CIVII Gold Edition. I am trying to run it with Windows 10. I loaded it off the CD and am able to get through the first steps up until I select the name of the civilization and then i get a window that tells me "CIVII.exe has quit working" "Windows will attempt to find a solution". Then it just sits there. Windows does not provide a solution. Can u?

You must install it OUTSIDE the Program Files(x86) directory. It'll insist on that directory as a default when installing, but DO NOT install there. Create a 'Games' Folder directly in your HD directory as some do, install it DIRECTLY into the HD directory outside of all other directories in it's own directory (as I do), install it on a jump drive (as another member of the Scenario League), but do not install it in Program Files(X86). I don't know if it'll work from the Documents directory (maybe best not to try). Also, make sure, after that, to apply the most recent patch, which I believe you can get around this part of CivFanatics. I hold that helps.

I installed CIVII in a Games directory. It ran up to the same spot and crumped again.
What is this "most recent patch" you mentioned?
Thanks.

The edit control problem affects Multiplayer Gold Edition and Test of Time on 64-bit systems. The solution can be found in this sticky thread in the Technical Support forum. In future, please check there first. For ToT users, this fix is also available as part of the Test of Time Patch Project.

I tried to install the patch and got the message "installation aborted". Have sent email as requested to the creator of the patch.

Top Bottom