Being thinking about doing a civ2 clone. is there any interest?

Is there still active interest in this?

I am checking this forum mainly to keep tabs on this thread :)

Why can't ANYONE make a decent Civ2 clone?

Lots of people here don't like FreeCiv, and I understand that - I've even attempted to try and teach myself to like FreeCiv, but there's just something about it that runs cold.

And that's a great pity: it is a great shame that the only open source version of Civilization is more or less shunned by the mainstream Civ community. One of the main complaints that seems to constantly pop-up is a dislike of the interface, which I agree with entirely - window pop-ups aren't automatically set up, so it's very easy to forget and waste in FreeCiv.

One of my greatest hopes is that someday someone makes a tileset for FreeCiv using Catfish Cave's TOT Graphics mod pack for the original game - pretty sure I could give Freeciv more than a try if the overall graphics were on par with that.

I think you might be beating a dead horse here. With major innovations like a metric tonne of graphics and the TOTPP, among others, I believe those still truly and firmly dissatisfied with the Civ2 milieu as it is and can easily be are much more often moving to other numbered iterations of Civ rather than hoping for or putting a lot of spare time (which many players don't have in excess) into making a reinvention of the wheel.

Top Bottom