Hi, I have a problem

Lilyblack

Chieftain
I had played Civilization II MP when I was a teenager and enjoyed it, but when my old computer died, I lost it. But I recently found a downloadable version on the Web and sucesfully installed it. I have been happily playing it, but have one annoying problem. I can't customize my name or the names of cities without crashing the game. Any suggestions or do I just suck it up?

Susie

This issue has been brought up quite a few times now since 64-bit OS's have become the norm (I remember asking it myself). The answer is fortunately very simple. You must uninstall the game, and them re-install in a folder that is NOT a sub-folder of Program Files, Program Files (x86), or, I'd assume Windows (but, I don't think it's a good idea to install any game directly into the Windows folder; it might not even let you). You can create a new "games" folder or such to make it a sub-folder of, or just have you Civ2 folder as it's own folder right on the main harddrive directory (like I do), or put it on a jump drive (like another member of the Scenario League does). I'm not sure if it would work if you put it's folder in My Documents, but, the thing is, you must NOT install in Program Files or Program Files (X86). I fold that helps.

Thanks...
Eek, I hope I don't erase the game from my computer. I have not much computer savvy.
Susie

Top Bottom