Civilization V Funny screenshots

Large islands, huh?

Seriously though, help on how to fix this?

Attachments

• wut.png
    wut.png
    378.1 KB · Views: 1,941
Large islands, huh?

Seriously though, help on how to fix this?

Someone pointed out that using this script is difficult because it will set the 'target number of large islands' to zero until civilizations have been loaded onto the map. Which, (apparently, I have not looked into it) makes the script impossible to load because you can't set the number of civs until after the map is generated. <---double check to see if you can tell it how many civs you want before you generate the map or if after generation you can add civs and then regenerate.

It scales the number of large islands with the number of civilizations and until the number of civilizations have been given, it has 0 large islands.

Someone pointed out that using this script is difficult because it will set the 'target number of large islands' to zero until civilizations have been loaded onto the map. Which, (apparently, I have not looked into it) makes the script impossible to load because you can't set the number of civs until after the map is generated. <---double check to see if you can tell it how many civs you want before you generate the map or if after generation you can add civs and then regenerate.

It scales the number of large islands with the number of civilizations and until the number of civilizations have been given, it has 0 large islands.

I've never had it do this before, though, and I don't recall having it do it when i'm playing the actual game, either.

Is there a way to mod the map script?

I've never had it do this before, though, and I don't recall having it do it when i'm playing the actual game, either.

Is there a way to mod the map script?

I'm sorry I wouldn't know. :(

I just remembered running across this in another thread and reported what I read best as i could remember.

When you play the game, it scripts the map after you've already told it how many players you want. Edit: Which is apparently not how the worldbuilder works. I think it's a bug they didn't consider. But idk. Just trying to help

I have played large islands once. The map was like a regular archipelango, exept all players started on their own islands.

It never really had an impact on the game till I built the UN...

Then he bought everybody off....

EDIT: Ack, why was it converted to a jpg with horrible compression?!

Attachments

• civ5screen0188.jpg
    civ5screen0188.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,780
What's funny? Most barren cap ever?

As you can see, those barbarians don't want me to explore their territory...

...I tried to explore with advanced technology...

..But it didn't end well.

And worst of all, Raging Barbarians is disabled...

Wow, that's a LOT of barbarians. And they've been left alone for a long time too given how they were keeping all those tier 1 and tier 2 units. Must be a horde of barbarian camps somewhere, because iirc, 1 camp can only spawn like 3-5 units in standard games.

So many barbs in that absolutely food-free area... might very well be cannibals.

He should've built a gigantic wall made out of ice. It would keep them all in the north, where they belong.

I've been trying Large thus far, and holy crap the barbs are crazy out of control.

Exacerbated by the fact that post-G&K, many civs decide to found 2-3 cities and then stop.

Exacerbated by the fact that post-G&K, many civs decide to found 2-3 cities and then stop.

Everybody has founded more than 3 cities in my game (and even more than 8 - 10), but Alexander has been capturing cities from everyone.

The map you can see in my photos is a Huge one, though.

Everybody has founded more than 3 cities in my game (and even more than 8 - 10), but Alexander has been capturing cities from everyone.

The map you can see in my photos is a Huge one, though.

That's awesome. I was overexaggerating, for sure. But a lot of people have had problems with the AI not expanding after G&K came out. I've seen serious cases of it in 2 out of 4 games I've played. Of course, that's an awfully small sample size. But when every AI in those 2 games failed to grow save maybe one - it sticks out.

And it's no fun.

Edit: And the other 2 games had it too, just not with the majority of them AIs. A sizeable minority, however.

I generall see every AI settle at around 2-3 cities, but there's usually 1 AI who spams cities. Sometimes I'll see an AI spam cities all game, stop, then have another AI spam cities on another continent.

Genghis, what are you doing? :crazyeye:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• great khan.jpg
    great khan.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 3,200
Top Bottom