Religion Change in Civ 4!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it was pretty hateful, and the guy's assertion that Islam is worse than Christianity b/c it is happening right now is a joke. In fact, my quote line of 3:19 is the end section of how god commanded the Israelites to kill all the Canaanites and found Israel. Israelis live on the same land now, that they think is holy, because of these passages of the bible which state that this is their homeland because god told them to kill everyone who already lived there. So that is happening now-ish. Also, given assumption that America is Christian, what is America doing in the middle east right now?

Also, as to his line about backstabbing and deceit, there is a section in the bible that talks about how the Israelites made a pact with a group of pepole to join their two tribes. The requirement was that all of the males must be circumcised, which the males of the other tribe agree to (seems pretty far-fetched, but whatever). Because 2 Israelites are mad at 1 member of that tribe (admittedly for a heinous crime, but still, it's only one member) they then come back 3 days after the mass-circumcision and kill thm all while they are weak.they then take all of their wives and daughters and livestock, and god is ok with that. Note that they don't take any sons; they killed them all. More deceitful than just about anything. Genesis 34, Genesis 33 for the "context" of why they commit genocide.

Yeah, not to mention his talk about Muslims being encouraged to lie, deceive, etc. being complete bs. No such things exist in it, IIRC. Perhaps he as talking about less reliable narrations of the Prophet's Hadith? In any case OOT, but I'm glad we're on the same page, here.

To bring this somewhat back on topic, I used to beeline for a religion, but I soon realized my error, so I just conquer holy cities instead. Many of my games end up with me not adopting any religion (when I do, I end up hated by almost everyone eventually).

So, the "religion change" here was a switch to voodoo apparently.

Top Bottom