Civ4 BTS v3.19 Patch

Tanks had the barrage line removed and the overflow cash is capped as it was in the 3.17 Unofficial Patch, if that is what you are asking ;) It is all in the changelog

Tanks had the barrage line removed and the overflow cash is capped as it was in the 3.17 Unofficial Patch, if that is what you are asking ;) It is all in the changelog

Damn.
Was hoping Firaxis would have fixed that mistake they made awhile back with tanks.

Great news! :)

Question though: Will this break existing 3.17 games? I play in several pitboss games, some that have been going on for almost a year, and don't want to patch yet if it'll break those games. (Guess I could do a dual-install again... kind of a pain though.)

- Players can no longer receive obsolete resources through trade
- Build-specific production modifiers are no longer counted for overflow gold calculations
Those two are going to change gameplay styles a bit...

- Terrain height no longer affects aerial recon missions
- Re-enabled Foreign Advisor "Glance" screen
- Colonies no longer assume the name of an eliminated player
- Hammer decay of build items not currently being worked on correctly scales with game speed
- Reduced frequency of city liberation popups
All excellent and much appreciated fixes! :D

I entered the MP lobby this afternoon, and lo-and-behold, a new patch is downloading, version 3.19. Patch notes:

- Re-enabled Foreign Advisor "Glance" screen
Yes, but which GLANCE screen? The ugly one that was there before or the slightly less ugly BUG one?

It wasn't a mistake, it was intentional. The mistake was not removing barrage from the tanks.

Seems like a mistake since it made tanks extremely weak and almost pointless.
Same goes for the limitation on EXP for siege weapons. -That- is a mistake. You can't word that one as an intentional fix.

@ ruff

Most likely the ugly one :p ( insert plug to BUG mod and remember to ask ruff for some advertising fees :D ). In the end, it is far easier to remove a "#" then to get some new and spiffy code from modders, I guess .....

Hmm, nothing about the AIs strange cityplacements?
( i have to remember to screenshot some of the realy stupid ones) ;)
But I love the patch, and the no-cd aspect.

Same goes for the limitation on EXP for siege weapons. -That- is a mistake. You can't word that one as an intentional fix.
Tanks are still extremely strong. They just aren't as overpowered with the loss of collateral. If you're seriously arguing armor needs collateral to be useful, you have a poor concept of game balance.

@ ruff

Most likely the ugly one :p ( insert plug to BUG mod and remember to ask ruff for some advertising fees :D ). In the end, it is far easier to remove a "#" then to get some new and spiffy code from modders, I guess .....
Considering this patch is pretty much built out of the UP, and BetterAI (created by modders), that comment isn't exactly fair or accurate.

Are we playing the same game? :p

Tanks are still incredibly powerful even without collateral damage.

Considering this patch is pretty much built out of the UP, and BetterAI (created by modders), that comment isn't exactly fair or accurate.
I just said that was easier to delete a caracter from their own code than inserting new code from somewhere else if they had the choice. In the glance issue they had, in the other issues they most likely didn't had... I was not implying nothing more than the good old "least effort" rule ;)

I don't think this was a swipe at Firaxis, so I don't think unfair really applies. As for accurate, which is easier: 1) going to the # in the Python module and hitting BACKSPACE or 2) extracting code from the BUG module, plus the new GameFonts glyphs, plus some util classes, plus . . . ? That would be a nightmare to test and overkill for a patch.

Pulling features into the DLL is actually easier in this case because each feature is only a few lines of code that don't require other supporting code like BUG does. If you look at the guts of BUG, most features sits atop a framework of supporting services. Extracting a single feature requires extracting those services or rebuilding them yourself.

OK, fair enough. I took it as a swipe at firaxis, which I thought was kind of odd to do, considering they just released a patch none of us expected. But you are correct, much easier to remove a comment then try to pull in partial BUG code (That wold be a nightmare - I'm glad glider deals with merging in BUG, lol).

I managed to load Rhyes and Fall of Civ and Final Frontier without any headaches. I tried loading Giant Earth Map, which is an unofficial mod, and then the game crashed.

I'd say don't worry about the official mods. They've made sure to update them. Worry about the unofficial mods. You may have to wait a while to play those with this patch.

1stcontact2035

Based solely on looking over the changelog, I would bet that Python-only-based mods will work fine with 3.19 without any changes. The only Python change I see is the unremoval of the GLANCE tab, and that has no effect on mods. I also don't see any features that would require changing the SDK's Python API.

As for DLL-based mods, they will clearly need to be updated by their authors since the API between the EXE and DLL have changed.

I'll make an official post about BUG once I've had a chance to test it with the patch. My unofficial guess is that it will work fine as-is.

- Build-specific production modifiers are no longer counted for overflow gold calculations
I am extremely happy that chopwhip for gold "tactic" has been put into the bin. Great stuff, who would have thought that a new patch will pop out so suddenly...

Top Bottom