Quick Questions and Answers

How does the road maintenance work in this? In my economic breakdown I've got a 'tile improvement maintenance' line - is that it? How is the cost worked out?

And as an extension, what should I be connecting up? As I understand it, you only really need to connect up strategic resources and your cities, and the city-states if they request it. I'm still only in the BCs so I'm sure it'll change, but so far - have I missed anything?

Where can I check up what I traded with AIs ? I can't find out after pressing F1-F11

How does the road maintenance work in this? In my economic breakdown I've got a 'tile improvement maintenance' line - is that it? How is the cost worked out?

And as an extension, what should I be connecting up? As I understand it, you only really need to connect up strategic resources and your cities, and the city-states if they request it. I'm still only in the BCs so I'm sure it'll change, but so far - have I missed anything?

Roads are 1G per turn and railroads are 2G per turn. You only need to connect cities (for the trade income and production bonus from railroads). Roads can also be nice to have to the front line of a war, but only if you have to money to support it.

Where can I check up what I traded with AIs ? I can't find out after pressing F1-F11

In diplomacy view there's 3 tabs. One of them is called "Deal history" or something and it has a section called "Current deals"

Where are all the settings?
to make automated workers not work over already improved tiles
to define which types of AI unit movements are shown and all the rest
every other civ game and all its children too all have these settings so i assume V has them too
but i cant find the damned things anywhere
There is a line in the usersettings.ini
AutoWorkersDontReplace=0
Sadly after some testing, this line does nothing. I started a game, built 2 workers and had them always do something that wasn't recommended, and once automated, they started changing it to the recommendations. So for now, there seems to be no way to stop it. EDIT: To clarify, I tested at both the values of 1 and 0, so neither works to stop them.

As an addition to the previous response. In neutral territory, whoever built the road pays for it. This means if the road was built, the city around it razed, the losing Civ is still paying for it. You can also remove the city state roads once completed if you so desire.
Is there anywhere in the game where you can find out exactly how many of a specific luxury resource you have? I thought it was the trading screen, but it doesn't agree with the map. I have 3 gold resources in my territory. They are all being worked by cities. They are mined and connected to my road system. They are not already traded. And yet I cannot trade them. I know at least ONE of them is registering, since I am getting the happiness bonus from it. But why do I have a grayed out luxury resource section in my trading screen? What am I doing wrong?
If it is grayed out, they already have at least 1 of each luxury that you have.

Somewhat thin options in diplomacy has forced me to re-think and perhaps adjust my current strategy.

At one point of the game when I was constantly pushing out wonders, many civilizations started to hate me due my "selfish" strategy in acquiring new wonders; inevitably leading to a one massive war where I fought all alone against four civilizations.

I managed, though, Persia and Russia located at another continent luckily and barely showed up. Built some last stand points where I pulverized half of Rome's and Siam's military. Pushed forward with my "iron fist" and conquered Siam and made peace with other three civilizations.

Anyway got a bit derailed on topic.

Is it possible to improve relationships with leaders swiftly somehow? My military is greatly struggling and it's no match against Persia or Russia, against Rome barely. I want to guarantee my survival and I believe one of safest way to do so is diplomacy. Due my social policies, starting strategy and several wars I'm lagging behind in tech tree as well in military size so I'm looking for alternative options.

Leaders bounce between neutral and hostile, as they laugh at my army size every now and then as well throw some slanderous shouts so it's a bit hard to maintain good relationships toward them especially when I've been in war with all of the leaders. I've managed to get few research agreements and successful trades in last 50 turns or so, last war was with Rome around 20 turns ago, currently sitting at turn number 590.

They always refuses to sign any pact of cooperation or pact of secrecy, and for a fact I do know pact of secrecy is supposed to heal up the relationship between two leaders, but given the fact they refuses, am I screwed?

EDIT: I also got a lot I could trade for something, and I know facts like Persia could use some of my additional spices, but lately he has refused to do any trades with me, so bribing as well is a bit complicated.

I am trying to understand the Great Engineer. I have one and am trying to use him to help build an item (Forbidden Palace) so I moved him to the city working on that. When he gets there, the only choice avaiable is building a Manufactory. What did I do wrong?

Thanks,
=WDF01=

Solution: Choice is on side of screen, under the start Golden Age option. I had expected it to be in the same area as the Manufactory build option.

What is the point of connecting a road to a city-state without that city state explicitly asking for it? Since we're allied, I am getting their resources (without the road) so that's not the reason.

If there's no reason then why are my stupid automated workers building a road to that city-state?

What is the point of connecting a road to a city-state without that city state explicitly asking for it? Since we're allied, I am getting their resources (without the road) so that's not the reason.

If there's no reason then why are my stupid automated workers building a road to that city-state?

If they're not asking for a road through a mission, then there's no point. Automated workers have always been iffy, keep an eye on them.

Do you get pushed outside a city's borders (either real civ or city-state) when you declare war on it? I lined up my troops outside a city-state's borders then declared war and went to work on them, as per the last Civ, but I'm just wondering if it might be different now.

Do you get pushed outside a city's borders (either real civ or city-state) when you declare war on it? I lined up my troops outside a city-state's borders then declared war and went to work on them, as per the last Civ, but I'm just wondering if it might be different now.

1. Save game
2. Try it out
3. Profit

Question : How many turns does every speed have?

Yes, you get pushed out if you have Open borders and then declare war.

I had a really nice setup surrounding my opponent and when I went to make that first attack, I was spread all over the place outside his territory.

My question:
What does a puppet city build if it runs out of buildings? Wonders? Research? Nothing?

In the game I played yesterday I had five cities, and only one of them was a puppet. It built REALLY fast, and before I won the game with a cultural victory, it had recently built the Apollo Program :) So at least they make wonders if they want to.

I won the game two rounds later, and never bothered to check what it had started on after that though, I'm afraid.

If I pop a great person to enter a Golden Age, are all of my future Golden Ages reduced in length, or just the ones that are started by a great person?

If I pop a great person to enter a Golden Age, are all of my future Golden Ages reduced in length, or just the ones that are started by a great person?
Only the ones started by the great person. First one is 7 turns, second is 6, and so on. Also it can't drop below 3.

Questions :

- From the tech tree, how can you tell if a building is a wonder or just normal?

- I had the tech for Musket, but I was not able to upgrade my archer to it. I upgraded it to crossbowman, but even then can't upgrade to Musket or anything else...

Only the ones started by the great person. First one is 7 turns, second is 6, and so on. Also it can't drop below 3.

Questions :

- From the tech tree, how can you tell if a building is a wonder or just normal?

- I had the tech for Musket, but I was not able to upgrade my archer to it. I upgraded it to crossbowman, but even then can't upgrade to Musket or anything else...

The musketman is not a ranged unit. It has combat strength 16 only.

Top Bottom