Onan's Speed-Optimized GMR Game

I wanted to try multiplayer but didnt want to worry about the speed clicking. So this is exactly what I was looking for. I want to say thanks for inviting me. I hope Im not lost in the woods and can find another Civ soon.

Woods.....:rolleyes: that does not smell good, I guess your first civ encounter will be a very dangerous one. Be prepared:cool:

I met a pretty vicious looking red guy who told me he didn't like me. Does that count?

I wanted to try multiplayer but didnt want to worry about the speed clicking. So this is exactly what I was looking for. I want to say thanks for inviting me. I hope Im not lost in the woods and can find another Civ soon.

You're welcome, I'm always glad to have another addition to the group of players who can make games like this work.

EEE speaks the truth. If your neighbour (given what people have said about their terrain already) can find iron (seems to be scarce on this map type), you can expect a very early sword rush. So getting iron yourself would be a good priority, perhaps even necessary for your survival!

I've met one other civ, but I won't say who just yet. And a barb camp.

I think the weekend happened.

Yeah strangely enough it's usually easier for me to play during the week then on a weekend. But I'll persevere to make sure I don't let a day go by that I miss a turn :)

Oh, and I did have email notifications turned off for this thread for some reason. That's been fixed!

You jinxed things - said the game was going really fast so now it has slowed to a crawl :p

I blame the developer...obviously a glitch there somewhere! :mischief:

lol, my bad :rolleyes:

We are in the process of implementing turn limits, where a player's turn will be "skipped" after a certain time limit. However it's quite a complicated thing to do. But we'll get it! First we have to make sure we're taking our turns! :)

lol, my bad :rolleyes:

We are in the process of implementing turn limits, where a player's turn will be "skipped" after a certain time limit. However it's quite a complicated thing to do. But we'll get it! First we have to make sure we're taking our turns! :)

That sounds really cool. Many players would almost prefer a skipped turn over the AI taking over for even one turn. And having the service be able to keep things moving in this way would be really valuable, bringing great consitency to these games. Would the host be able to set the time limit? Different strokes...

hmm what it u, Onan, I played in Public duel yesterday. Name sounded familiar but didnt really put together 2 and 2.....

But mabye I m mistaken here....

Must be mistaken. I haven't played in a public game in many many months, and its been several months even for a ladder game.

So oddly enough when I loaded my game, my newly built scout automatically moved southeast. I tried reloading and it happened again so I said screw it, but that was a little weird. Hope it doesn't happen if I need to fight a battle.

Very strange. Did you try clicking on him after he'd moved, to 'cancel last mission'? Sounds like he could be automated somehow, set to explore.

It's okay - if it happens again then I'll see, but I didn't even know you could set them to autoexplore.

You must press "A" to set it automatically exploring accidentally. Click your scout to see if there is the automated icon on your Scout's action bar on the left

Top Bottom