Kirby's Civilizations

Ritual Cannibalism: Upon death of a Great Person (captured by Barbarians doesn't count), the Korowai may choose to sacrifice a combat unit of choice within their territory. Upon doing so, all units within a one hex distance gain a permanent 10% combat strength, which stacks if this occurs multiple times.

I like the combat bonus, not a huge fan of losing great people though. What if I switched it to if your spy kills an enemy spy, all units gain a permanent 10% combat boost?

@KirbyATK48, sounds cool! (Though that would require you to be further in the tech tree than other civs (since otherwise they won't try to steal from you), which seems kind of odd for a 'native(?)' civilization)
How about expending a Great Person to make a tile improvement? (I feel like the Great Person stuff would fit in with the 'important Korowai person' thing, so that's why I'm thinking in this direction)

I'm just giving tips though, don't feel forced to do anything :)

How about expending a Great Person to make a tile improvement? (I feel like the Great Person stuff would fit in with the 'important Korowai person' thing, so that's why I'm thinking in this direction)

But great people already make tile improvements :p:p:p:p:p:p

@senshidenshi, I kind of really worded that wrong :lol::blush::mischief: (happens when you remove half a sentence to retype it)
I meant to say this: How about it triggers when a Great Person makes a tile improvement
oops...

@KirbyATK48, sounds cool! (Though that would require you to be further in the tech tree than other civs (since otherwise they won't try to steal from you), which seems kind of odd for a 'native(?)' civilization)

I'm just giving tips though, don't feel forced to do anything :)

Fair enough, the spies do come far later into the game. Native civs generally would have things happening earlier. I like the whenever great person makes an improvement combat boost to everything. That actually sounds decent. Just gonna be a pain in the butt to code. What say you oh great senshi? @senshidenshi

It could work. I think there might be a trigger for it, but can't confirm.

Spies can work for native civs, though. Anishinaabe springs to mind.

It could work. I think there might be a trigger for it, but can't confirm.

Spies can work for native civs, though. Anishinaabe springs to mind.

I like the spies better, I think I shall go with that. Also I'm adding Barrage I to the Khayo Wawir to counter the loss of the Cannibalism promotion. I updated the main post with the new info.

It could work. I think there might be a trigger for it, but can't confirm. [...]

Was the Lua hook GreatPersonExpended(ePlayer,eUnit) the thing you meant? (Though you still wouldn't know if the Great Person was expended to make a tile improvement or not)

I like the spies better, I think I shall go with that. [...]
Fair enough :)

Was the Lua hook GreatPersonExpended(ePlayer,eUnit) the thing you meant? (Though you still wouldn't know if the Great Person was expended to make a tile improvement or not)

Fair enough :)
You can use the BuildFinished event to check for type of improvement, thus figuring out how the Great Person was expended.

You can use the BuildFinished event to check for type of improvement, thus figuring out how the Great Person was expended.
Question on that though (sorry for jacking your thread Kirby), would that also fire if you repair a pillaged Great Person Improvement?

I'm not completely sure, but I don't think BUILD_REPAIR is triggered by the event, just as pillaging isn't.

So another update: I'm like 90% sure XML is done by this point. I'm struggling with mod support and figuring Lua out, but it seems I only need it for the UA and the Unique Improvement (which I also can't find anything about). Art-wise, Keniisu has made a leaderscreen, leader and UU icon, and the actual civ icon (with color correction from Klisz). All I need for art now is the actual 3D unit, the atlases, and all the Improvement 3D art stuff. I'm looking for music now as well, then gonna put it all in ModBuddy and compile it

Top Bottom