After the Great Mistake Scenario

CreonMushnik

Chieftain
Does anyone else want to play a scenario with all the beyond earth sponsors as they are on earth? Perhaps anot earth ravaged by rising seas, climate change and fallout? Potential to include some of the favorite Modded civs for beyond earth as well, in addition to those by default.

Thoughts? Doable mod given it would be slightly changes to ynaemp maps and a few new civs, couple tech tree changes.

Sounds cool! (though I've never played BE to be honest)

The Rocket flying off to a new (BE) planet could be done with the science victory spaceship parts as well! (assembling everything in the capital.) It even provides us with cool victory animations that way!

http://coralarts.deviantart.com/art/The-Modded-World-After-The-Great-Mistake-568640645

Here please find a map of what I am proposing. However, I would suggest the following states rather than those shown here, so as to allow some city states and remain true to the default civs descriptions, while still permitting as many modded ones as possible (They're great!)

Civs-
ARC- USA/Canada
Brasilia- Brazil, Columbia, Venezuela, Guyanas, Paraguay, Uruguay
Franco-Iberia- Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, French/Spanish Africa
Christian Democratic Union- British Isles
INTEGR- Germany, Poland, central europe
Slavic Federation- Soviet/Russian Empire
Al Falah- Arabic World from Libya to Pakistan
North Sea Confederation- Scandinavia, Iceland, Greenland, Baltics
African Union- Africa not claimed by AF and FI
Nuevos Aires- Argentina, Peru, Chile, Bolivia
Kavithan- India, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Sri Lanka
Asia- China, Mongolia, Tibet, XinJiang, SouthEast Asia/Indochina
Chungsu- Korea, Taiwan
Polystralia- Oceania, Australia, Polynesia, Melanesia, Micronesia, New Zealand

City States-
Mexico
Kashmir
Balkans
Japan
Turkey

Iron Pact and Space Pope need to be included though, even as city-states. :p The map author struck a nice compromise between Rising Tide lore and our made-up lore for the Iron Pact in regards to territories posessed.

Plus I think in the base BE lore it is established that Poland is a member state of the Slavic Federation - the BE leader of their expedition speaks a weird mixture of Russian and Polish, with a somewhat Polish accent. So I don't think it should be a part of INTEGR, unless Rising Tide lore said otherwise. But if you include the Iron Pact as a City State, it would be a nice buffer state between INTEGR and SF.

Don't the Christian Democratic Union and the North Sea Alliance amount to the same concept anyways? It seems a bit weird for a faction with a Scottish leader not to include the British Isles in any case :p

One could assume that just after the Great Mistake the borders looked different. But yeah, Firaxis totally stole the idea there (and turned the Iron Pact into a disgusting space hippie faction). :p If anything, I'd give the CDC some land in Norway or a lone Danish island - if it miraculously didn't drown. North Sea Alliance could get some token lands in Scotland too, it could be a patchwork of states akin to feudal Europe. Which still kind of fits the theme of a noble-led monarchy, at odds with a proletarian dystopia.

Have them duke it out for the remains of the Low Countries :p

I could see the NSA having control of the various smaller isles such as the Orkneys, alongside having some ports on Scotland (Even if only to make Duncan Hughes' lore work).That said the map probably won't be big enough for it to matter - what with the damage done by the 'Great Mistake'

The real question is, who holds the right to the Isle of Mann? :p

One could assume that just after the Great Mistake the borders looked different. But yeah, Firaxis totally stole the idea there (and turned the Iron Pact into a disgusting space hippie faction). :p If anything, I'd give the CDC some land in Norway or a lone Danish island - if it miraculously didn't drown. North Sea Alliance could get some token lands in Scotland too, it could be a patchwork of states akin to feudal Europe. Which still kind of fits the theme of a noble-led monarchy, at odds with a proletarian dystopia.

CDC is supposed to mainly have Greenland and the UK. Sweden collapsed politically whilst Denmark did so geographically. Norway I didn't write anything about. If I updated the mod for Rising Tide, I'd possibly update the lore to specify that the CDC encompasses England, Wales, Greenland, and Norway (and what remains of Denmark), whereas Scotland, Ireland, Sweden, Netherlands, etc. can be a part of the North Sea Alliance.

Just checked the BE lore as I really have no idea about it, introducing Turkey as a city-state is well thought. Or, alternatively, there can be a Turco-Persian federation centered at Tabriz to cover Caspian sea and other Turkic states, that area seems pretty empty as it stands now. And Kurdistan could be a city-state, as buffer between Al-Falah. Probably none of these make any sense.

'Great Mistake'? I have not played BE and do not know anything about the lore... Does anybody here have a tl;dr version? :p. Anyway, from what I've understood from these posts is that sea levels rose dramatically (rising tide expansion?), right? (Which also means that a major part of the Netherlands simply drowned. This means that we can no longer be called Holland, since that part of the country no longer exists MUAHAHAH :p :smug::lol::cooool::hatsoff:)
Oh, and what happened to South America, why is there A SEA IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CONTINENT

What about the Abya Yala Expedition or the Caribbean Axis for some more variety?

Also, I think Colonialist Legacies had a Turko-Persian faction designed.

Oh, and what happened to South America, why is there A SEA IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CONTINENT

I know in the backstory for Masamune Shirow's post-apocalyptic world of Appleseed, there's some regions of the world with massive crater lakes, after the various countries of the world decided nukes weren't enough and chucked meteors at each other instead...

Or maybe it was just the Bugs taking out Rio...

BE's Great Mistake as I recall consists mainly of climate change sea level rise and nuclear warfare on a moderate scale.

Wait, if I recall correctly Al Falah is basically space refurgee with at least one generation never saw Earth, and the backstory stated that Middle East is on ecological disaster (I read it as "wasteland"). How it would be modelled?

Heavy desertification, fallout?

Thoughts on other regions?

Anyone willing to (or know anyone) who can make this a reality>?

As a Canadian, I don't think Canada should be lumped into the ARC. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's a corporation within the US at the time and not a government. Canada has full autonomy and the climate heating up will do nothing but facilitate growth in the future for Canada. I for one think that Canada could be much more powerful in a scenario like this one. Think about the arctic melting, giving new land for displaced people and minerals.

It also states that ARC is heavily invested in almost every faction, and given the interwovenness of the two countries even today, I can only imagine such a union would be likely under those circumstances.

ARC isn't (as I understand it), the political legitimate entity. One must assume there still exists a USA, Canadian, Mexican gov. It's simply that ARC employs over a quarter of the population therein, and indirectly employs/invests in upwards of 80% of that population. Therefore, they aren't necessarily the political figurehead, but they make all the decisions.

Top Bottom