CivStats.com - View your Pitboss games on the web

Thanks for the answers. The time looks correct, and I set the right leaders for Warlords people. Now everyone gets pretty colors!

milspec

Thanks for a great website. The diplomacy page especially makes it easier to keep track of a conversation thread. I do have some minor improvement suggestions though.

Not really a suggestion, but I found a typo in the <title> when reading a message, diplomatic is spelled 'diplimatic'.

The timestamps on messages sent and received don't use your personal timezone setting.

In the reply-to screen, it would be nice to have the message displayed above the textarea, just to refer to it if it's a long message.

Lastly, a feature request. It'd be interesting to be able to click a player name, and see a list of the games that they're involved in (yes, I've tried to suss out another player's performance in other games before!) This would come close to ranking players without actually having a ranking system.

Anyway, hope some of this is of use to you. Keep up the good work!

I just won a spaceship victory in MTDG Test Game 2. Is there anything special I have to do to get the victory screen?

I was online when the turn changed, and I selected "just one more turn..", if that affects anything.

namliaM said:
Dave, as I understand it the admin has to appoint you the win in order for it to appear on the CivStats page...
Correct. :)

The admin will have a button named "Declare Winner" where he can set who the winner was and what the reason was. Civstats currently has no way of automatically determining the winner.

Many thanks to OverloadUT for civstats!

I have one improvement suggestion to the civstats diplomacy messageing system. The ability to send a message to many players at once would be a neat feature. If I want to do it now, I have to send the same message separately to every player.

DaveMcW said:
http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=51

It's better than nothing, but after the uploader was disconnected it forgot my civ (Kublai Khan). :lol:
Hm, the uploader being connected has nothing to do with the leader selections. Your admin should have set the leaders at the beginning of the game using the "Player Settings" button at the top of the page. I remember that all of the leaders were set to "Unknown" when you first asked about the victory thing, so I know it wasn't the uploader disconnecting that caused it.

IglooDude said:
Overload -

In this game: http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=110 the colors and country names are still blacked out, do I need to adjust something to fix it, or is that something you can take care of?
Did you ever set the leaders? It asks you to do this when you first add the game - you can also do it at any time by clicking "Player Settings" at the top (assuming you're the game admin.)

OverloadUT said:
Did you ever set the leaders? It asks you to do this when you first add the game - you can also do it at any time by clicking "Player Settings" at the top (assuming you're the game admin.)

Oh man... :blush:

Thanks. :)

Someone asked on Strategamer how to find the "main thread for a game." This sounds like a useful enhancement, along with being able to find out who "owns" a game and maybe some way of contacting the owner.

Here's the original request, asking where the thread for a game called "Geer" is. As an added service, if the owner of "Geer" happens to be watching here, you've got a potential recruit out there. :D

Hey overload,

Is it possible to put 2 email adresses in the email box and have the email notifications send to 2 email addresses?

I will be going out of town (see sig) and will be replaced but I would like to keep recieving the messages myself as well so I can get a feel for what has been happening...

Greets...

By the way, I just noticed that while the Civstats site shows a whole lot of info about the different games being played, it doesn't actually tell the size of the worlds. Can that be fixed? :)

It's showing a couple of players on my game WarningU2's Game ... as being eliminated but they are not.

The issue started when pitboss was inadvertantly shutdown without closing out civstats.

Just letting you know and wondered if this is a known problem ?

Top Bottom