The Iliad

I just happen to be in a position to attack someones capitol ;)

The wink suggests that this is a joke; but I'm not sure about that. It is fairly common to have a rule against early turn attacks where the player does not have enough time to build any defense.

I don't think any player should receive such a great benefit just because he plunged his warrior into the darkness in the right direction.

The wink suggests that this is a joke; but I'm not sure about that. It is fairly common to have a rule against early turn attacks where the player does not have enough time to build any defense.

I don't think any player should receive such a great benefit just because he plunged his warrior into the darkness in the right direction.

But our PTBS-master decided NOT to institute any rules of this kind forbidding early war, so he wouldn't have to babysit. In the absence of specific rules preventing it, people should be a lot more cautious... specifically so that I can get my Civ at 3730! :D

And he made the backup rules just in case disaster did strike. But as long as THREE people don't screw up where three vicious players can get them, I should be ok as the first reserve. And of course those vicious players will hopefully get piled on anyway. :D I know I would join in the pile-on.

Errr.....

My connection seems ok now:confused:

I didn't expect you to kick me on the turn I played; next turn.

Just don't kick me unless I am the only one left to play the turn.

Errr.....

My connection seems ok now:confused:

I didn't expect you to kick me on the turn I played; next turn.

Just don't kick me unless I am the only one left to play the turn.

:shake: OK. NP. And there was me thinking I had been so efficient! :rotfl:

Presumably you had no problem getting your civ back.* :)

B. ;)

*At the time of writing I see that you have not taken it back yet.

Are you going to send us a PM when it flips to OUR first turn? Looks like tomorrow to claim it, then the next day to play the first turn! Yay!

It would appear that none of the original players has been elimated and the reserve players have been notified and invited to join the game. They will play their first move after the end of the present turn.

Civs have been allocated as follows:

JMaltman (16) Russia
GFletch (17) Viking
cds0528 (18) Greece

Bolkonsky. ;)

Wierd, I just got an Out Of Synch message when I was the only one in the game.

The game had to be shut down for a few minutes for maintainence. I did not realise that someone was still connected. :hammer2:

My apologies for this problem. I suggest that you try again in ten to fifteen minutes. Check the CivStats site and make sure the uploader is functioning before joining. :)

Bolkonsky. ;)

I'm now in, sorry for being late, I was out from 9:30am to 2:40am... :p

Welcome JMaltman, :wavey:

No problem. But...

...don't do it again!. What could possibly be more important than playing your move in The Iliad? I dunno! :shake: No sense of priorities in life.

You are very naughty! :spank:

:joke:

Seriously though, I am more concerned about players not taking their turns :nono: about which everyone has been pretty good so far. :yup: If you are going to be away do try to arrange a sub; it is that much better for everyone else. :yeah:

:cheers:

Bolkonsky. ;)

P.S. You didn't tell your wife you were out playing Civ, did you? ;)

I'm now in, sorry for being late, I was out from 9:30am to 2:40am... :p

By the way Bolkonski, I like the quotes you put as MOTD... I'm going to start doing it myself in my games.

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement. The idea is not original. I had it from the quotations that we get from the SP, and lack in the MP, game after discovery of a tech. Hopefully they may spark some interest.

It is interesting to note though that some in the game were, out of necessity, I guess, foreshortened; for example, Homer's quote:

"It is entirely seemly for a young man killed in battle to lie mangled by the bronze spear. In his death all things appear fair."

is followed by...

"But when dogs shame the gray head and gray chin and nakedness of an old man killed, it is the most piteous thing that happens among wretched mortals."

In context the quote is far more powerful. If I read this correctly, I think what he is saying is that there is an aesthetic in death in combat. For some reason Calvin Kline ads come to mind, but I digress...

For now, I will leave you with one from Plato which is most appropriate for anyone playing Civilization.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

Regards,

Bolkonsky. ;)

Is anyone in contact with Niamor? he has not played the last 3 turns. :( Why start a game if you won't be consistent!

Top Bottom