BTS Leet Pitboss III: XX Threat - Sign Up

In a game with humans diplomacy can make up for most things if used right. But sure you can't relay on gameskills alone if you start alone on an ice island...

Maybe "most things"; but it will take 3 months for somebody to find me and with crappy production I'd make a poor ally.

Another odd thing is that when I click on "game details" I'm prompted for the Admin password.

I've also lost the password to one of my civ's. Boot me to AI and I'll reset the passwords and come back to reevaluate the situation.

You can't scroll through it unless you have connection by line of sight i think...(not actually connection, just like it is for sailing around the world.

I think some how I set the admin password for game details on accident.
I clicked on the game options button from inside the game to see what it did and it made me put in a password.
The password is 12345.
I am willing to restart if everyone else is however the only setting I will change is to make sure the map is set too cylindrical.

I just checked and the map is cylindrical.

Just to clarify in case we are talking about different things, cylindrical means that you can pass from left to right not top to bottom.

Whiplash,

My start is terrible too. I thought I was at the other pole so it seemed worse at the start than it is. It is still bad enough that I don't think I have a chance of winning or even competing. I will have no core cities for either civ and an extremely slow start and too extremely poor capitals from what I can see at the moment.

But what is the point of a restart with these settings? I may get lucky next time but there would still be a few players who would get starts like me, it's just not going to be competitive for some of us. Anyway neither of us can quit so I suggest we just get on with it. Who knows we may get lucky with copper and horses and have Bbfrancis as a neighbour :mischief:

Only joking BB, hats off to you for actually running some games :goodjob:

I'm keeping an open mind about the settings rather then making any knee jerk assumptions. After the game is finished I will then make an evaluation of the settings. Speaking of which what would everyone like to see in leet 4? I am almost certainly going to another multi-leader game. Maybe that will be 2 leaders or 3.

Whiplash,

But what is the point of a restart with these settings? I may get lucky next time but there would still be a few players who would get starts like me, it's just not going to be competitive for some of us.

Exactly. I don't see the point either. Why not run a huge map and give everyone a decent chance? I think bb wants close city spacing between players for early wars. That's fine, but the price for that is a couple of players screwed from the start.

I am hosting a 16 player 4v4v4v4 with permanent alliances. It's a huge, big and small, snakey continents map. Everyone seems satisfied with the fairness of the map. We are now at 300AD and have lost only one player and that had nothing to do with the map.

I don't think it's right to expect one or more players to dedicate the time for 6-9 months in a futile effort.

I'm keeping an open mind about the settings rather then making any knee jerk assumptions. After the game is finished I will then make an evaluation of the settings. Speaking of which what would everyone like to see in leet 4? I am almost certainly going to another multi-leader game. Maybe that will be 2 leaders or 3.

I like the multiple leaders. Although I am not sure making them being from the same Civ is needed. Personally I like random leaders.

A team game would be good to. You need tech allies with tech trading on usually. And sometimes through no fault of your own you get locked out of the deals. So why not give everyone an ally from the start?

I liked the idea of a theme with the spiritual civs in FCCCP. But you've done that one. Maybe for the next one you could say each 'team' must have one expansionsit civ and one military civ - a guns & butter scenario - or some other theme?

I would definitely pick a world with enough space for the players. FCCCP was size standard for 7. And while some starts are isolated there has been plenty of conflict and interaction where people have neighbours. I just don't see the need to cramp people. There will still be plenty of start variations with some people getting fliers and others slow starts.

Thanks for the great input these are great ideas. I especially like the guns and butter idea. Another idea I just got was Attack of the clones. Where everyone gets the same leaders or maybe some system where you get to choose your opponents leaders.

Will do... Just give me a chance to get home.

Whip is kicked. The server also crashed so Oyzar you might have to retake your last turn.

Thanks for the great input these are great ideas. I especially like the guns and butter idea. Another idea I just got was Attack of the clones. Where everyone gets the same leaders or maybe some system where you get to choose your opponents leaders.

How about trying a new map type....it does not always have to be islands, continents, fractal or pangea....which is what random gives.

There are about 20 more maps in the game.

It is random not shuffle.
I manually get a random number then get the map type from all map types.

Top Bottom