BTS Leet Pitboss III: XX Threat - Sign Up

It is random not shuffle.
I manually get a random number then get the map type from all map types.

Sorry I don't understand this...so you randomly pick a number from 1-20 lets say and then manually choose the map that is number whatever on the list of possible maps?

Well I get it from random.org but yes.

Island...........

On Islands you have to specify the following when you make the game

Climate, Sealevel, Number of Large Islands, Number of Tiny Islands, World Wrap, Resources

Can you plz let us know what you used.

He allready gave the pw so you can check yourself:p.

On Islands you have to specify the following when you make the game

Climate, Sealevel, Number of Large Islands, Number of Tiny Islands, World Wrap, Resources

Can you plz let us know what you used.
Climate: Rocky.
Sealevel: high.
Number of Large Islands: Extra.
Number of Tiny Islands: lots of extra
World Wrap: I don't remember.
Resources: Normal.

I am at work so I have nothing to reference when I get home I can give you a more detailed description.

Below is what a map with this settings looks like:

As you can see most players will have a fairly big island on their own and there will be 3-4 players that end up on a very small island.

I am not asking for a restart as we already discussed this, but I think it's fair that everyone realizes what game we are into.

At least it looks like most people have galley access to most people. That means that it is possible to conquer the world with galleys with praets... Since some people can start on the same continent(their two civs split on two continents or continent/islands) I think there are going to be some really fast deaths(maybe before they get their first warrior if starting with hunting...).

Please people READ the opening post.
I am not here to create equal games.
I am here to create interesting situations.
I don't expect everyone to agree with them but I do expect not hear constant whining.
If you are anal retentive about equal starts this is not the game for you and please do us both a favor and don't play in anymore of my games.

When you start a game and you know the map type I think it's fair that everyone knows what map type they are playing on, that is why I posted the screen.

I also think it is unheard of to ask people to play a game that will last 6 months and in which they have 0 chance of even getting close to winning.

Why are we to play?

The only reason seems to be that you will allow us in your next game.

Because beeing "creative" with my 1 city island is just a joke for 4 year olds.

You say in your opening post that this is not about equal starts....you should have said half of you would have 0 chance of winning and the other half can compete.

To be honest I thought that you would come to your senses, rethink the settings and restart the game...instead you talk about Anal retentiveness???

Do me a favor and find someone else for your game as I will find someone else for mine.

My 10 year old whines less then you.
Loser... :cry:

Here's an "interesting situation":

The Dallas Cowboys play the NY Giants in the NFC championship semi-final this weekend. Dallas should be heavily favored, but some rule changes would make it more "interesting".

Tony Romo has to play with a boxing glove on his right hand. The jumbotron will constantly be showing his top model girlfriend eating a popsicle. Terrel Owens has to play with a bowling ball chained to one foot. The Giants only need 5 yards for a first down, not 10; and they get to field 13 players each play.

Can Dallas come up with the "creativity" to win?

In the words of Yoda.
"That is why you fail" ... because you are defeated before you even begin.
Stick in the game you never know when something is going to go your way.
BTW Indian you are out my 10 year old is going to take your place.
Whip if you want out let me know my girl friend can take your place as well.

That is the problem with your games. I don't think anyone wants a game where everyone is equal, but no one wants a game where a few players will get good starts and others get crap situations. I am so glad that I was forced out of this game because you did the same thing beforehand. I don;t play games where I am basically no chance of winning due to the fact that the start has had it impossible for me to be even in the game. The whole point of playing is to see if your skills are good enough, not if you have the right start or not. You might want that sort of challenge facing the AI but when you are facing humans you need to have the playing field to be relatively even so that it creates an interesting game with good interaction between the players. If you are going to have an history of creating uneven games, then you will lose the respect ooff your fellow civvers. The idea of playing a Pitboss is to test your skill, not your luck.

From the first post:

My Philosophy is to create interesting (not absolutely equal ) situations, where creative strategies are implemented.

I took this to mean the starts while not "absolutely" equal would offer reasonable parity.

I don't think most players play the game to encounter "interesting situations". That can be simulated in SP. They play it for the competition; to beat human players in a fair fight.

In order for the competition factor to exist all of the players need to be starting with reasonably equal assets. All organized competitive events have this in common. I would not have joined this game had I known this map would be used. There is just too much contrast in the quality of starting locations. Even if I had won the dice roll and gotten good start locations it would be no fun trouncing the guy who started on a one city island.

Given that this game like all other PB's will be a huge time sink I'd prefer to invest my time in games with venues more suited to my playing interests. So, I'll accept bb's invitation to withdraw.

Someone will always end up with worse start than others. There really is no way around it.. If everyone ganged up against the best/luckiest player this really would be no problem but alot of people play only for themselves and not really to win. This of course can easily be exploited by the "lucky" guys who play to win... About half the people in any given game aren't really able to win after the first 100 turns. If it isn't bad location it might be bad neighbors or whatever... Still most of the people are going to get about average start and what really is going to matter is what they do with them. This is what we call playing the game.

Oyzar, there is a big difference in a Pangea or continents bad start from an isolated 1 city island bad start, you should know this with all the hours you have invested in this game.

Not being able to win after 100 turns means that for the first 100 turns you had a chance, that is all people are asking for ...a chance to win when you start the game is this so difficult to understand?

Top Bottom