Resource icon

The Nobles' Club Bullpen: Second Cycle

I aim to spread out leader traits, so this cycle has several "min-cycles"; for this mini-cycle we will be using Agg, Cha, Cre, Exp, Imp, Ind, Org, Phi, and Pro for the 3rd time each (Fin and Spi have each been done three times already). Also, there are 11 traits, so each mini-cycle has to use one of the traits for an extra time. Along with not wanting to re-play the same country too soon, this sometimes imposes some narrow constraints. It looks like the following will work:
  • NC 68: Cre/Org Zara
  • NC 69: Imp/Phi Sulieman Exp/Ind Bismark
  • NC 70: Exp/Ind Bismark Imp/Phi Sulieman
  • NC 71: Cha/Pro Churchill (repeats England, last used in NC 58 with Elizabeth)
  • NC 72: Agg/Fin Ragnar (repeats Fin, last used in NC 66 with Darius)
Also, we'll use a higher fraction of "ordinary" maps this time. I want Archipelago for Ragnar at the end and am planning something along the lines of Big and Small or Hemispheres for Zara. Suggestions for the other three are welcome; they don't all have to be ordinary.

Would people ever want an Islands map? Seems to me from the samples that you tend to start isolated unless you use the "lots of small islands" option.

@dalamb: I always delete huts from the map before playing. Is it OK with you if I upload the edited saves into the game thread for others to use as well? If so, I will start doing so with Zara.

And now LHC are doing Suleiman, so maybe swap him and Churchill? Or replace Suly and Churchill with Lincoln and Charlemagne? (same 4 traits, just in different combinations).

Another map suggestion: global highlands. This script has a better chance of generating strategic barriers than most official mapscripts, so the terrain can be more interesting when it works. It can be tough to play on though due to the large number of hills and mountains. Still, the script often gives results that make the effort worth it.

Just gonna lurk the NC thread for now, but who knows? One day I may play a game. :)

EDIT: Yes, this is a subscription post.

Another map suggestion: global highlands. This script has a better chance of generating strategic barriers than most official mapscripts, so the terrain can be more interesting when it works. It can be tough to play on though due to the large number of hills and mountains. Still, the script often gives results that make the effort worth it.

Just look at all global highlands NC games that played. they are really hard, period.

Just for reference, Global Highlands was last done with Boudica, NC 59.

To push Sulieman as far as possible into the future, I think I'd swap him with Ragnar.
That might put a watery map too soon after Darius, so the current plan is:
  • NC 69: Exp/Ind Bismark (for this Friday, March 4)
  • NC 70: Cha/Pro Churchill (repeats England, last used in NC 58 with Elizabeth)
  • NC 71: Imp/Phi Sulieman
So Bismark will be on Friday. His UU and UB are late-game; I've toyed with the idea of starting such late-game civs in the Renaissance but I think that's probably not appropriate for Nobles' Club. Suggestions for map type welcome, but I'll probably want to avoid the unusual ones again.

So Bismark will be on Friday. His UU and UB are late-game; I've toyed with the idea of starting such late-game civs in the Renaissance but I think that's probably not appropriate for Nobles' Club. Suggestions for map type welcome, but I'll probably want to avoid the unusual ones again.

Pangaea?

I thought that contradicted with your "That might put a watery map too soon after Darius". If you really want tanks, continents/archipelago/terra/etc are all fine..

Actually since there is no tech bonus difference between noble and prince all you need to do is load the noble save and select prince when prompted, at least I'm pretty sure

Ooooh! I was going to do the current Saladin NC, but I think now I'll wait for Friday. I don't think I've ever played Bismark before.

As for maps, has anyone suggested a lakes map? (She said, not having noticed if it was mentioned.)

Top Bottom