Palmyra, Collab Mod

Ummm... Totally ignoring last posts, did you finalize the design?

I need to actually get Trello before we can do that. So you set it up, i'll get to signing up.

(No, Natan, but we've got enough to work off of.)

That was a slip up on my part, i know what you were talking about XD

I could pitch in as well if you really need some help I guess.

Just sign up to Trello and send a PM to Dan or Me.

We can't have double production for wonders, that just makes it better then egypt.

Just so you know, it's not double production to wonders flat-out, it's double production to wonders from the agreed-upon production from caravans in you borders (also double production from caravans to military units would be cool).

And finally, I completely agree tha we need to reform this thread!

Fantastic! You really make some really good icons let me just say that.

And indeed, credit should go to Pavel Spitsyn as well.

Great work, thanks for the help Hennybuns.

I'll make sure to credit Pavel Spitsyn when it comes to writing credits.
I'm also going to be naming the mod 'Civfanatic's Palmyrene Empire' rather then what i usually do and have my own name. It seems more suitable.

Yes, yes it does. :D

*Hype intensifies*

Just posting a quick update here to make sure people know that there is progress on this, we're just working hard in Trello trying to keep organised and come up with ideas.

At the moment we seem to have the UI pinpointed, but still very little chance for a model.

I've been working on a leaderscreen for the best part of the day, which is a bit more accurate to history then TPangolin's, however it will come to a vote between the people working on the mod whether to use mine or his. It's quality or historic accuracy.

We've been discussing whether or not to put a charity/charities in the description of the mod when released to encourage people to aid the Syrian people in their crisis.

We've come up with idea for most Mod incompatibilities, including YNAEMP, Cultural Diversity, Civ IV traits in Civ V and Decisions.

Coding has yet to start.

There is a DOM text basically done.

We have some wonderful icons given to us by DJSHenninger and Kujarim.

but apart from that, stay tuned to this thread we may have more progress for you in the future.

(My leaderscreen (wip) for those interested)
Spoiler :

Why not use the one from before?

Why not use the one from before?

A few reasons. One being the historical accuracy of TPangolin's leaderscreen (it's a very nice LS however). The character doesn't bare any resemblance at all to Zenobia. The city is very clearly Roman Empire rather then Palmyra. The second reason is i really like trying to make my own thing.
I like to think of it as, 'using stilts doesn't make you taller it just creates the illusion of growth'. Using someone else's awesome work can make your mod look good but what have you learned?

But here's my latest version, and i did learn from my much worse Leaderscreen that i posted earlier.
Spoiler :

This is possibly the most accurate representation that is possible of Zenobia. Its a direct combination and colourisation of a detailed 3D bust (based off a statue) and the said statue. The background is also the closest i can get to Palmyra because there is no suitable art of Palmyra, no 3D reconstructions, no nothing. So i found something that fit the architecture but was still plain and empty enough to not come across as obviously Roman or Greek. An actual IRL image of Palmyra can be seen barely through the pillars and lined up to hide the ruins.

Top Bottom