DigoBlaze12's Coming Soon Thread

DigoBlaze12

Chieftain
This is a thread where I'll post news about mods I'll post on the Steam Workshop.

News:
1-Coming soon! Republic of Taiwan Civ:c5science::c5citizen:
UA: Independent Heart- Greatly increases Great Scientist Rate and Golden Age Duration after discovering Optics.
UU:Kaita Zhe (Great Engineer)>-Can found cities
-Can build roads
-Can pillage and attack.
UB:Enterprise (Medical Lab)>-Must be built in flat Terrain
-Provides enormous Science bonuses.

Moderator Action: However, this is a forum that is for completed civilizations only. I've moved it to the main Creation and Customisation thread for now, but once there are completed civilizations with download links, this thread can be moved back to "New Civilizations."

News Update!
Taiwan is almost completed!
Now I'm working on 3D Leaderhead and Soundtrack.
New Civ coming Soon...
No spoilers for now... Maybe just one:
Spoiler :
UU:Golden Horse(Knight):
-Unlocked at Theology
- +1 Movement Speed
-May walk on mountains, receiving a penalty every turn.

Hey, 3D leader, that's always nice. Will you provide voice acting too?

Since this very much sounds like you're taiwanese yourself.

I'm not very sure about the civ design itself. Enterprise having Science Bonuses feels sorta redundant given that it replaces Science Lab in the first place and that the UA is built around Science too.

Also, increased Great Scientist Generation may end up working against your unique unit given that both use the same counter, so you may have a bad interaction right there.

Not to mention that civilian units being able to attack is a can of worms with which the community has repeatedly, half-heartedly and largely* unsuccessfully wrestled. The basic problem is that being able to attack makes the unit, well, not civilian... meaning that the AI will never use it like a civilian. It will never build roads, build cities or rush wonders; from the AI perspective it's just a military unit.

* Not "completely", just "largely", when we allow for DLL modding.

Hey, 3D leader, that's always nice. Will you provide voice acting too?

Since this very much sounds like you're taiwanese yourself.

I'm not very sure about the civ design itself. Enterprise having Science Bonuses feels sorta redundant given that it replaces Science Lab in the first place and that the UA is built around Science too.

Also, increased Great Scientist Generation may end up working against your unique unit given that both use the same counter, so you may have a bad interaction right there.
Nope! I'm from Brazil. First I will try to reuse Rhamkhamhaeng voice acting and then make an independent acting with the help of Google translate.

The Enterprise does not replace Research Lab, but the Medical Lab.
For the UA, well... Good idea! I'll consider Kaita Zhe too.
AgressiveWimp said:
Not to mention that civilian units being able to attack is a can of worms with which the community has repeatedly, half-heartedly and largely* unsuccessfully wrestled. The basic problem is that being able to attack makes the unit, well, not civilian... meaning that the AI will never use it like a civilian. It will never build roads, build cities or rush wonders; from the AI perspective it's just a military unit.
I made it with this purpose, also, I think Tomatekh's Mali has an attacking civilian unit.

Also more news of the next civilization that I'll begin creating after finishing Taiwan.
Spoiler :
UA:
Scattered Tribes- +1 Culture and Food from roads. Already starts with Archery.

Fantastic that you're making a 3D leaderscreen. Can you show us an WIP pictures?

Top Bottom