Lua help

Bah, who cares about the Civilopedia promotion tab anyway :lol:
I like every interface as clean as possible :p (which is also why I hate that dummies providing tourism will always be visible in a civ's unique building category :mad:) EDIT: (I guess whoward's ShowInPedia-mod solves this as well :D)

In all seriousness, I'm fairly sure there's a way to not have promotions show up in the Civilopedia, but I'm not positive on how it's done. Is it as simple as not defining a <PediaType> or <PediaEntry>?
No that's not it. In the Monaco mod I'm working on I've defined two promotions without a <PediaType> and <PediaEntry>. They still appear, though I can't recall in which specific promotion-class (as in, 'attributes', etc.) they show up

I don't work with promotions often, and I'm always afraid to bug out the Civilopedia (since it can be done in any number of ways), so...
Oh don't get me started on that. I hate it when it does that...

...though if you wanted something general like "Increased :c5strength: Combat Strength from the empire's Horses" without any actual numbers, yeah they could all be the same.
Yes, that's exactly what I meant :)

EDIT: Why do I never look if there's another page to a thread :blush::hammer2:

I like every interface as clean as possible :p (which is also why I hate that dummies providing tourism will always be visible in a civ's unique building category :mad:) EDIT: (I guess whoward's ShowInPedia-mod solves this as well :D):
If you are using Tourism, then you have BNW, which means you can completely hide a dummy building from the civilopedia. And you never need to assign a dummy building to a civilization as a unique building for them -- in fact, it is better not to do so. W.Howard's ShowInPedia isn't necessary for dummy buildings.

If you are using Tourism, then you have BNW, which means you can completely hide a dummy building from the civilopedia. And you never need to assign a dummy building to a civilization as a unique building for them -- in fact, it is better not to do so.

Wait, I thought it wouldn't apply the tourism if it wasn't a unique building for a civ? Or well, at least, that's what I understood from the post by UltimatePotato linked in your dummy building issue guide? Or should I only do that if the dummy is not the default building in its building class? EDIT: doh, I'm not reading again... You've answered my question in that thread... :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

W.Howard's ShowInPedia isn't necessary for dummy buildings.
I know, I was actually hoping that a mod like this would be released the other day (turns out it had already been released more than two years ago :p). I'm currently making a scenario mod and hiding everything that I don't use is a lot easier than deleting everything, since it makes it so you can't have reference issues (E.g. deleting a building could cause issues since other buildings could require that building)

Top Bottom