FfH2 0.30 Changelog

42. Great Prophets can create all the holy city buildings as well as the secondary GP (easier on the AI and new players).
wwhwats the secondary gp?

Overall, I like. Still, there are a few changes I would want to make.

I don't like the name Guild of Hammers; it should be switched back to Guild of Endeavors (but keep the Guild of Hemmer's mechanics). If you don't change it, I will ;) (not that you care, or that it would effect anyone's game but mine)

I still don't like the name Luridus. If you don't change it, I'll make the Empyrean's High Priests be called the Illuminati in my version.

I still don't like the name Gibbon Goetia. Change it back to Kael Colbane, or, better yet, Tibbar Etihw. I think thats what I'll rename him.

I still think that the anti-recial promotions should not be removed from the game, but only be available through random events. I guess I'll have to teach myself how to modd events in order to change this one. (I don't think I would have any problem adding the promotions back, but my first attempt at adding new events didn't go too well)

Mercenaries losing their HN status is a little disappointing. At least some of the of the mercs gained through the random events that the guild allows should be HN.

I'm not sure I like the Mounted mercs as a UU idea, since mounted units typically can't be fortified or get all the same promotions. I think that there should instead be several different types of Mercenaries (Mounted, Melee, Archer, Siege) that are hired in the same way.

I was just thinking that it would be really cool to be able to hire pirates at Pirate Ports, Harbors, and maybe even coves. Ideally, I would want a hire pirate "spell" available to any unit (of any civ( on the tile with the improvement. This would them trigger a deal-type random event in which you can negotiate for various amounts of units (pirate ships, HN boarding parties, etc) in exchange for gold. Of course, these are pirates, so they aren't that likely to stick to their word. It is more likely that they would just take your money and run (or maybe you would get the units, but with limited duration), and also a chance that they will commender the ship you sent there to negotiate. The Lanun would typically get better results from these deals, but it would be risky for them too.

I've never understood the reasoning behind the choice of what spells Govannon could train. I like than he's getting a couple more spheres to train, but really don't see why he can't just train them all. I'll probably change it so that he can train any sphere (but needs the third (or maybe only second this time?) level in order to train level 1), like I've done in every version since .21 ot .22. However, I would prefer it if this were changed in the main game instead, That way I'd have a little less work to do, and the spell's icons wold all be different (it is sometimes confusing to have 7 spells with identical icons)

No changes to the other compassion civics? Protect the Meek and Public Healers are both virtually worthless, especially since Infirmaries and Herbalists are rarely worth building. By the time you can even adopt Public Healers, you probably have your health and happiness under control, and the high upkeep is going to be expensive. Perhaps those civics could give a bonus to military unit heal rates as well?

I fully agree with Magister on following points. I especially dislike the Gibbon and especially like the idea that an event gives anti-racial-promotions. Apart from this maybe Ranger-Units should be able to choose anti-racial promotions and divine-units could choose anti-demon and anti-undead promotions, but thats it.

MagisterCultuum :
1)still don't like the name Gibbon Goetia. Change it back to Kael Colbane.

2)I still think that the anti-racial promotions should not be removed from the game, but only be available through random events.

42. Great Prophets can create all the holy city buildings as well as the secondary GP (easier on the AI and new players).
wwhwats the secondary gp?
It's the great person that used to build that holy city building in previous versions (i.e. Great Bard for FoL, Great Sage for AV).

Hi. The amount of changes is really impressive…:goodjob:
If games developers would do at least half that job to keep they games interesting to play for a longer time…well - they would bankrupt very fast I suppose ;) .

I wonder about the tech tree thou – some techs were removed, but it doesn’t seem they were replaced with anything else…So my question is: is the tech tree just “shorter” and it will take less time than before, to research all techs, or maybe the time needed to research some other techs was adjusted to make up for the removed technologies?
And one more issue: my english is very far from perfection so excuse me if understood something wrong :mischief: , but do you really introduce a young deer unit to the game (Fawn)? Shouldn’t it be a Faun (latin equivalent for greek Satyr), or maybe in english Fawn=Faun…?

23. Killing Hyborem or Basium correctly causes the player to lose all his traits.

Oops! Did I miss something? Has it been discussed somewhere?

Dislike it strongly. If they are not allowed to be killed without such a horrible artificial penalty give at list possibility for them to be captured and caged.

Dislike it strongly. If they are not allowed to be killed without such a horrible artificial penalty give at list possibility for them to be captured and caged.

I do believe it's incorrectly written--killing Hyborem or Basium should make the Infernal and Mercurian civilizations lose their traits, respectively, as per older versions.

It means, Infernals lose their traits if Hyborem dies, Mercurians lose traits if Basium dies. You probably misunderstood it, you don't lose traits if you KILL Hyborem/Basium.

EDIT: Above poster was faster

I do believe it's incorrectly written--killing Hyborem or Basium should make the Infernal and Mercurian civilizations lose their traits, respectively, as per older versions.
Oh! Then it is OK. Thanks.

I have base graphics for all of them. Gurid is just a giant gorilla, Margalard is a giant baboon and the Leviathan is a giant fish.

Right now Im most interested in getting some base Svartalfar, Sidar, Malakim and Balseraph units. Since they will be the focus of "shadow" I think a lot of people will be jumping on playing them and it will be nice to have some new models for them to play with.

love the monkeys :goodjob:

edit: bah, didn't quote the screenie. it's on page 2

@Kael:
While I like most of the additions you made I am not sure I am too crazy about all the removals/changes you made this time around. FfH will feel very different to play compared to how it used to work up until this patch - almost like an entirely new mod.

@Demus

Gorillas and baboons are apes. Monkeys have tails. Wife's a primatologist and I guess I've picked up her pet peeves. heh

74. Govannon can train units how to cast Blaze and Blur.

cool ... but doesnt this just make the amurites even more dependent on 1 killable unit?

couldn't see (prob just missed it!) what mana the calibam lose to gain shadow ...

and this --> 75. Added the Birthright Regained ritual (allows the empire to reuse their world spell).
plus this --> 109. Added the Ardor world spell (Grigori only, resets the great people counter for that player).

really worries me ... as it stands ive seen and had the grigori with 6+ upgradable heroes ... this makes it doable to have 18+ ... which is every t4 unit as a hero plus some! and imho way broken!

No changes to the other compassion civics? Protect the Meek and Public Healers are both virtually worthless, especially since Infirmaries and Herbalists are rarely worth building. By the time you can even adopt Public Healers, you probably have your health and happiness under control, and the high upkeep is going to be expensive. Perhaps those civics could give a bonus to military unit heal rates as well?

Not if you've got the trait which gives no cost for compassion. And I find that on resource-poor maps, public healers is great for good civs.

@Kael:
While I like most of the additions you made I am not sure I am too crazy about all the removals/changes you made this time around. FfH will feel very different to play compared to how it used to work up until this patch - almost like an entirely new mod.

there is still "fire" 0.23 for vanilla around. so, you can see both phases as two mods, different, evolved.

there is still "fire" 0.23 for vanilla around. so, you can see both phases as two mods, different, evolved.
This patch is for BTS only though, right? In which case the current version should be 0.25 afaik.

I might 'transplant' the pieces I find to be actual improvements from the 0.30 patch to my own version of this mod, but based on what I read so far I doubt I'll be doing a full upgrade. I simply see too many balance issues rising from the total sum of the listed changes.

Balance issues are addressed over time--thats what our large pool of talented testers (you all) is for. Don't look at this as a finished product, but the next step towards one.
cool ... but doesnt this just make the amurites even more dependent on 1 killable unit?
I don't see how. Aumurites are still quite good at training mages quickly, you can pick up spells the old fashioned way.
It might feel like they are more dependant, but they didn't lose anything, so they can't be said to have gained a weakness, really.

132. Added the Spread the Council of Esus spell (all Council of Esus religious units can use it, costs 25gp and doesnt sacrifice the unit).
Too easy! If AI is able to spread it (seems it is), CoE may often prevail in the world. And that is counter-intuitive.

169. Added the Ashen Veil Deal Sallos event (deal, a demon lord wants you to train his rebelious daughter).
Demons can breed in the same way as biological species?!!

And I did not get changes around Sacrifice the Weak. OK, will see.

I don't see any mention of the wilderness or espionage mechanics in the changelog... and those were the things I was looking forward to the most in shadow!

Top Bottom