Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, when is SVN Revision 780 coming out? :joke:

Revision 779.

So,when will be the next SVN update?and will it be bug fixing or game play type?

You can't rush perfection :D

So,when will be the next SVN update?and will it be bug fixing or game play type?
The answer to this and many more questions can be found here.

It sort of getting a revival in public consciousness right now, probably because Netflix has it at the moment.

Glad to see this thread is live.
I downloaded this mod last weekend (thanks wikipedia), and immediatly start a game. :goodjob:

It does not load with any language setting but english. :confused:

Maybe you talk about this problem in any of the previous 300+ pages of this thread (i have to read).
Anyway you could tell me if you have this problem too, if ther is any fix, or else.

Thanks.

I tryed to get an egyptian UHV in english, but somebody else won the Pyramids race. :sad:

Well, it is not a problem to play in english for me.
Not my language, but i understand.

But is this a bug or a programmer's choice?
Can i do anything to fix it?
I tried to search keywords into xml files but i was not able to find them.

The mod adds a lot of new text, and because I don't speak all EFIGS languages I cannot translate them. Many texts aren't even translated into my native German because it's just a lot of work.

That the mod doesn't load at all for these languages is probably a bug, but with the amount of text missing it wouldn't be fun to play in any other language regardless.

Well, you should duplicate english text of new objects in every language and then let somebody of the civ community translate in his language and then share his translation.

But at the moment it is impossibile to do so, because the mod does not load at all in any language but English.

After loading it shows a popup with no message supposedly with an error message without text.

Is there a way to activate a log file?
I can try to investigate and find the bug.

V 1.12 discussion sticky can cover everything this old thread does. I suggest to lock this longest thread of DoC and post general mod comments in sticky only.

Well, you should duplicate english text of new objects in every language and then let somebody of the civ community translate in his language and then share his translation.

But at the moment it is impossibile to do so, because the mod does not load at all in any language but English.

After loading it shows a popup with no message supposedly with an error message without text.

Is there a way to activate a log file?
I can try to investigate and find the bug.
"Don't half-ass two things, whole-ass one thing."

I can deal with this when I properly start thinking about translating DoC, until then it's intended as an English-language mod.

"Don't half-ass two things, whole-ass one thing."

I can deal with this when I properly start thinking about translating DoC, until then it's intended as an English-language mod.

I could translate for Italian...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom